Max install tips for PC

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Max install tips for PC

Postby tgle1977 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:14 pm

So I bought the MAX package (because who says no to a deal like that?) for my lil 2011 13 inch macbook pro live rig (i5 512gb SATA SSD 750gb SSHD Apogee Duet Maschine Mikro MK2, NI A25) and when I had finally installed all of it (well all of it, that I'll be using) I got a couple of glitchy things and I was hoping to avoid, what I can, when I install all of it to my main studio PC.

The suggested path for library installs on the mac (High Sierra btw) oscillated between my main and my shared User accounts and the last library install location that I may have done for a given software instrument, for example Syntronik, will be the suffix on the next install library. So If I start installing ST4 content, the last location I used is automatically selected.

then when it was finally all installed a pop appeared on syntroniks telling me the Syntronik and Sample Tank 3 need to share directories.

So is there a page that gives an overview of the best practice of installing max?

Thanks for this sale btw, Tommy
2x Xeon E5 2690
Supermicro X9
48gb Ram
SATA 512gb, 480gb NVME SSD's
2x HDD 2TB, 3TB
MOTU 2408 MK3 Apogee AD16X RME M16 DA Rosendahl Nanosync
Maschine Studio, Kontrol S25 M Audio Ozonic Controllers
Reason 10 Reaper 6 Maschine 2 FL Studio 20
Win 8.1
tgle1977

Re: Max install tips for PC

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:12 pm

First of all, congratulations on getting the MAX package at such a bargain price.

The best practice is summarised in the pop-up messages that you saw: SampleTank 3 and Syntronik should use the same folder path for their sound libraries. This is done so that ST3 can load its own instruments AND those of Syntronik (and Miroslav Philharmonik 2) into different instrument slots and layer the sounds together.

I do not know about the different locations for the libraries; but only one should be used. I did see this in the FAQs:
Default SampleTank 3 Sound Content Locations
Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Documents > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3

For more info,try this https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?search=library#st3 then select " I can't find or load my Virtual Instrument's sound content library, what can I do?" and look for the ST3 section.

If you currently have the libraries installed in different locations, I think that you should be able to move the contents of the sub-folders into one. (I do know that that can be done on Windows.)

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tgle1977 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Wow that was a great response! I started loading syntronik first and on pc it’s default folder ended with the suffix SampleTank 3 which I took for a good sign. When I installed SampleTank 3 it even found my old Philharmonik 1 samples and automatically imported them

So far really happy with the Syntronik, as an app on its own and as a component of ST3, I could see me writing an album with just MODO bass, The Hugh Padgham drums and Syntronik’s Jupiter. I’m going to save your response as a document for reference. THANKS!!!
2x Xeon E5 2690
Supermicro X9
48gb Ram
2x HDD 2TB, 3TB
Win 8.1
tgle1977

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Good oh! :)
tgle1977 wrote:When I installed SampleTank 3 it even found my old Philharmonik 1 samples and automatically imported them

Are you sure? I don't think that it does that (at least, mine didn't) . But ST3 does include some orchestral instruments.

tgle1977 wrote:So far really happy with the Syntronik, as an app on its own and as a component of ST3, I could see me writing an album with just MODO bass, The Hugh Padgham drums and Syntronik’s Jupiter.

We need to hear that :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tgle1977 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Well I’m not in my studio atm and won’t be back there til the day job is done but I would say I’m at least 80% sure it imported those. Also I’ve been known to make up numbers.
2x Xeon E5 2690
Supermicro X9
48gb Ram
2x HDD 2TB, 3TB
Win 8.1
tgle1977

Postby garfy » Mon May 11, 2020 6:34 pm

tgle1977 wrote:Also I’ve been known to make up numbers.

40% of statistics are made up... ;)

tgle1977 wrote:The suggested path for library installs on the mac (High Sierra btw) oscillated between my main and my shared User accounts

I think the differences here is one location is for the main app and the other for the sound content. If you've gone with the default suggested then you can't go wrong really.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Brian Fantana wrote:They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tgle1977 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:56 am

DarkStar wrote:Good oh! :)
tgle1977 wrote:When I installed SampleTank 3 it even found my old Philharmonik 1 samples and automatically imported them

Are you sure? I don't think that it does that (at least, mine didn't) . But ST3 does include some orchestral instruments.

tgle1977 wrote:So far really happy with the Syntronik, as an app on its own and as a component of ST3, I could see me writing an album with just MODO bass, The Hugh Padgham drums and Syntronik’s Jupiter.

We need to hear that :)

So yes I checked and it automatically imported my Sampletank 2.5 instruments and my original philharmonik library. Who knew? Maybe there are angels looking out for me. which is odd cause I saw that John Travolta movie and I was not a fan.
2x Xeon E5 2690
Supermicro X9
48gb Ram
2x HDD 2TB, 3TB
Win 8.1
tgle1977

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More