Problem with Miroslav Philharmonic 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Problem with Miroslav Philharmonic 2

Postby sobolo2 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello,

i have a problem with loading some of the instrument from the Miroslav Philharmonic libraries.
Trying to load them in my Studio One displays an error, e.g.:

"Failed to load instrument:
C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/Instruments/50_Miroslav Philharmonic 2/001_Strings/Solo/001_Violin/001_Violin Multi_KSW.st3i"

Some of the instruments work, some don't - displaying "Failing to load error" with path to the file.

i have tried to install the libraries again and again. Also tried to move the files manually to the destination and still it displays this error (The files are located properly - installation was without any errors too)

I have contacted the support a few days ago, but still haven't got any response.
Has anyone a similar problem and could help me with it?

Thank You in advance
Zdzislaw
sobolo2

Re: Problem with Miroslav Philharmonic 2

Postby rparson99 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 am

I just loaded MP2 and I am seeing this same issue as well. I tried to reload the 16 files twice more times to no avail. I do notice that some instruments are showing up twice. I am not able to delete the failed instrument, but the other of the same name works. So, seems like the list or some files got duped during the install but not sure how to clean up.
rparson99

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Hmm, I'm sure that I replied to the OP yesterday but I cannot find my post.

Anyway,
-- please continue to work with SUpport, that is the best route,
-- that folder path look slightly odd to me
-- it look like you do not have SampleTank 3 installed (you do not need it) - is tthat right?
-- does that particular instrument file exist in that location on disk?
-- is there a similarly-named samples file (.pak file extension) in a sub-folder within the "Samples" folder?
-- if so, what is the full folder path to that file?
-- it should not be necessary to move any files - what files did you move? from where? to where?
-- is there anything in common for the instruments that can be loaded and those that cannot?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:33 pm

rparson99 wrote:I just loaded MP2 and I am seeing this same issue as well. I tried to reload the 16 files twice more times to no avail. I do notice that some instruments are showing up twice. I am not able to delete the failed instrument, but the other of the same name works. So, seems like the list or some files got duped during the install but not sure how to clean up.

Is it exactly the same problem - for that particular instrument?

When you say "16 files" did you mean the downloads?

Which ones show up twice - a few examples? Are those instruments (.st3i file extension) present in multiple locations on disk?

I think that you could clean up the library installation by deleting all the sub-folders in Explorer / Finder, reinstalling all downloads (including the latest library update in "Download Resources" if it is dated later than your main library downloads) and rebuilding the cache database in MP2.

But, again, this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Jeremykh2 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:36 pm

Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing: instruments failing to load in Miroslav Philharmonik 2, but they work in SampleTank 4.
Jeremykh2

Postby Andersonkroeff » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:01 pm

Hey guys!

I managed to solve this problem as follows:

First, I copied the sound content folders into a folder that I created myself and then placed them inside the Miroslav player.

2nd I updated the sample tank 4

3rd, I reinstalled the sound content folders but directing the installation into the sample tank4. (normally it directs to the tank3 sample)

4th again when opening the player I redirected it to the folder installed inside sample tank 4.

I hope to help.

God blesses
Andersonkroeff

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More