upgrade from Sampletank 2.5 to 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

upgrade from Sampletank 2.5 to 4

Postby jonbudworth » Sun May 03, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I've just upgraded to Cubase 10.5 and Sampletank 2.5 doesn't seem to work with it. I've downloaded Sampletank 4 which does but there don't seem to be many instruments, violins, cellos etc.

Is there a way of importing the 2.5 sounds into 4?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and apologies if I'm missing something completely obvious!

Thanks,

Jon.
jonbudworth

Re: upgrade from Sampletank 2.5 to 4

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 03, 2020 12:59 pm

SampleTank 2.5 is 32-bit VST2; is that why is does not run in Cubase 10.5?

SampleTank 4 Custom Shop has 50 new instruments. The paid-for editions have thousands. There are instruments lists in the PDFs, links at the bottom of this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds

ST4 does not have an Import feature for legacy instruments. But you can Import them into ST3; even the SampleTank Custom Shop v3.7.3 which should be in your My Products list (If not then contact Technical Support). Once they are Imported into the ST3 library, you can add the path to the ST3 library to the Preference Settings in ST4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jonbudworth » Sun May 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I now have Sampletank 3 and can hear the instruments. Still seems very limited though compared to Sampletank 2.5 that I've been using happily for several years.

When I now open Sampletank 4 I can see the instruments but when I load one I can't hear it.

Is there a simple way I can just get a version up and running with at least as many sounds as Sampletank 2.5?

I'm a musician not a computer wizz so am finding setting all this up very difficult and time consuming.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Jon.
jonbudworth

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 03, 2020 5:15 pm

If you have SampleTank Custom Shop v3.7.3, that is, the free edition, then, yes, it has a small selection of instruments. The paid-for editions have much bigger libraries and a wide range of sounds For example, ST3 XL has over 4,700 instruments.

If you have done the Import(s) and added the ST3 library path to ST4's Settings / Sound Content tab then you should be able to load and play the ST2.5 instruments in ST4.

Let's go back a bit. After the Import(s) can you load and play the imported ST2.5 instruments in ST3?

--------
The simple way is to buy one of the ST4 editions. You can find the instrument lists in PDFs linked at the bottom of this page. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds

Or you could get Total Studio 2 Max at a bargain price.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9367
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More