Total Studio Max 2 USB / Catalina—Apps won't install—solved

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio Max 2 USB / Catalina—Apps won't install—solved

Postby mhalloran » Sat May 02, 2020 6:01 pm

With this big sale going on, I pulled the trigger and was glad I did. Knowing that it would take forever to download everything and that the sounds installers have issues plus a 6 month window, I opted to pay the extra money for the USB drive.

Ok, it took nearly a week (with the current situation, I am Not complaining about that) but, when the order was processed, the licenses were not in my account. Really? I need to wait for the box? Ok...

Due to the current conditions and FedEx Ground being what that is, it finally arrived nearly two weeks after I ordered. Now it's time to install—and that's where the adventure begins.

First, the Authorization Manager won't let me paste in my password; ok type it in. How many other companies use a lower case l (L) or an upper case I (i)? Eventually got in, typed in the license from the card which registered everything properly. Good.

Now time to install the applications. Wait — what? The USB installer won't work over Catalina? Oh man... Ok, go to the web site, get through the product descriptions for each one till I get to the Try button and download the demo. Time consuming but that does work and the apps installed correctly.

The sounds installer from the USB drive does work properly over Catalina, I am happy to report.

There should be a support page letting customers know that a) if they ordered the USB drive, they don't get their licenses till the box arrives and b) if installing over Catalina, part of it doesn't work with links to the different downloads! It can be on a Support page in your account — after all, we've already purchased so we don't need to be marketed to again for each product.

I bought the USB so that I'd have a backup for the libraries. Why shouldn't I be able to use this after the order was processed? I can download and reinstall now—why the wait?

I'm a long time customer and this is the first time I had the product shipped. My frustration was that the process of obtaining my software and installing took longer and was more complicated than it needs to be. Had I done everything electronically, I'd be up and running with less hassle, that's all. Rant over.

We're really liking the Alan Parsons Imperial around here while our Bösendorfer is having its action rebuilt. The tech can't reinstall the action because of this lockdown. Ok, a Yamaha controller doesn't give the same feel as the real deal but this VI does record quite nicely under the virtual choirs I've been directing.

Let's make some music!
mhalloran

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More