MP2CE does not open!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MP2CE does not open!

Postby samucaroli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:19 am

I bought it on the 27th, but it is not opening in its standalone or dll version. The error message: Cannot load program files \ ikmultimedia \ miroslavphilharmonik2 \ philharmonik2.vpa. Because of that, I lost two available licenses in an attempt to resolve the issue.
samucaroli

Re: MP2CE does not open!

Postby MattDixon1992 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this one? I'm having the exact same issue.
MattDixon1992

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello samucaroli and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

There have been several reports of this, including:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23371
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23982
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23974 ?

Some users installed an earlier version (v2.0.5?) for the moment.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby samucaroli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:16 pm

I tried the procedure with version 2.2.0.5 and it didn't work. The error continues.
samucaroli

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Note that this is typically an issue with anti-virus software pulling a false positive. For any users with this issue, please try installing version 2.0.5 from your IK User Area, then downloading and updating to 2.0.6 again. I'm told this has worked almost every time.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby samucaroli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:54 pm

I've done this 2 times. Support asked me for the same procedure and it didn't work.
samucaroli

Postby samucaroli » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:16 am

After many attempts, I succeeded. I had to format my computer and install Windows 10 LSBT X64. As soon as Windows 10 was installed, the first action taken was to install MP2CE directly. And success !!! Two days of trying. Re-formatting the computer damaged everything that was already ready on the computer without counting the registered licenses. Something that could be avoided by improving the quality of installation programs. I was actually asking for my refund. What a headache! My first VST I bought. A bad experience for those who are starting.
samucaroli

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:41 am

Did you do that on the direct advice of IK Support? I'm 100% sure they wouldn't have advised to format your system and personally don't think that was the best choice. The advice given about installing a previous version and then the new version again works in almost every case, per tech support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby samucaroli » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:52 am

The decision to format the computer was a decision of mine that I considered necessary, given the desperation of not being able to work on something that should be very simple. The important thing that worked! I only have one question: due to the two formatting I did, I consume two licenses of the available quantity. If so, do I lose them?
samucaroli

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:36 am

If the hardware and OS software configuration was the same, then a single Authorization should apply. Even if 2 have been used (and you can check that in your User Area/ My Products / MP2 CE section - click the [Serials / License] button) you will have another 8.

If you ever use up all 10, then please contact Technical Support and explain your circumstances. All things being reasonable, Support will reset the Authorizations count.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby samucaroli » Fri May 01, 2020 7:27 pm

What happens if you finish 10 MP2CE licenses?
samucaroli

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 02, 2020 10:25 am

Please read the last sentence that I posted.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More