[SOLVED] Sampletank 4 Not able to load libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

[SOLVED] Sampletank 4 Not able to load libraries

Postby bourquematthieu » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:02 am

Hi,

I bought TotalMAX 2, an upgrade from ST 3 and Miroslav 2. I've installed all the individuals libraries in the same place as ST3 (not the default place, it's on an other HD). I can open ST4 and load Multis, but I can't load individual instruments. The column "Library" is populated with the libraries I have installed. The columns "Categories", "Filters" and "Instruments" are empty. The "Sound Content" folders seem to be all right.

I'm on MacOS 10.13.6. Does anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks
Last edited by bourquematthieu on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bourquematthieu

Re: Sampletank 4 Not able to load libraries

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Hello bourquemattieu and welcome to the forum.

Just to check, when you say:
bourquematthieu wrote:I've installed all the individuals libraries in the same place as ST3 (not the default place, it's on an other HD).

you have got another pathway for SampleTank 4 content?

Although all the sound content can be installed in an overall IK Multimedia folder, it then needs to be separate. For example, my IKM content pathways are:
~/Samples/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3
~/Samples/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
and then ST4 has both of these pathways added under Settings>Sound Content.

Is this how your ST4 install looks?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby bourquematthieu » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Thanks for your help!

This is the exact pathways I have (one for ST3 and one for ST4) and each one are there in ST4 Settings.
bourquematthieu

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Hmmm, curious.

Ok, obvious stuff before I suggest a ticket with IK Support...

You've authorised all of the software and content with the Authorisation Manager?
You used the included installer to do the installation, just changing the location for install?
Your ST3 and MP2 installations were working before you installed ST4? Do they work now?

What happens if you click Rescan All in ST4>Settings>Sound Content? It should rebuild the database which takes about 90 seconds here (ST4MAX on SSD).

Using Finder, in the IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 folders you should find amongst others, folders named Instruments and Samples. Just check in the Instrument folders that there is data in there. You should find *.st3i and *.st4i files in their respective places.
garfy

Postby bourquematthieu » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Well, I did an other re-scan (I did one yesterday when I was troubleshooting by myself) and now it works. This is weird, but whatever, the important thing is that I can now use it :)

Thanks again for your help!
bourquematthieu

Re: [SOLVED] Sampletank 4 Not able to load libraries

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Great stuff, glad it's all sorted for you.

Computers eh? They were supposed to make life easier. ;) :D

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More