SampleTank Sounds Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank Sounds Question

Postby jazkeys » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 pm

Hi!

I'm running Digital Performer 10.11 on an iMac running Sierra (10.12.6). I want to install SampleTank and all available instruments; however, I got the following error message while doing so and don't want to take another step before you clarify exactly what I need to download and install AND IN WHAT ORDER to insure that SampleTank (and all of my IK plugins) will work correctly and with access to as many sound files as I should have:

IMPORTANT

If you purchased the Download version of SampleTank 4, please download and install all of the Sample files BEFORE you load instruments in the SampleTank 4 application. You do NOT need to re-download or re-install the SampleTank3 Sound Content and additional Instrument Collections if you have previously installed those.

NOTE: I don't think I have previously installed any SampleTank Sound Content.

The Samples installers are available in the MY PRODUCTS section of the USER AREA which is located in the SUPPORT section of our website. Click the "Sounds Download" button in the SampleTank 4 section, and then download all of the Samples parts in the drop down menu.

NOTE: The only two sound file installers I've been able to download -- but have not yet installed -- are SampleTank 4 CS Sound Content and SampleTank Free Sounds, so I don't know if I now have all of the sound files ready to install for SampleTank 4 CS.

Once downloaded, you must install each of these individually.

NOTE: While I have already installed SampleTank, AmpliTube, TSRackS and Syntronik, I have not yet *run* any them in Digital Performer; please let me know the exact order in which I should set things up.

Thanks,
Mitch
jazkeys

Re: SampleTank Sounds Question

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 am

Hello Mitch and welcome to the forum.

jazkeys wrote:NOTE: I don't think I have previously installed any SampleTank Sound Content.

It'll be ok if you have really. The warning message you got was mostly just so people didn't go through the install process if they'd done it before, which takes time. Even if they did the sound content would just overwrite a previous installation, so no damage, but I think you'd know if you'd been through it before.

Ok, as a bit of background Syntronik Free and ST4CS are apps based on additional sample content whereas AT4CS and TR5CS are algorithmic. The CS versions (as I'm sure you've realised) is a designation for the free versions meant as trial products but once authorised function without white noise or interruptions. CS just refers to the Custom Shop where you can purchase bits of gear, modules or sound content to build up a-la-carte.

So, along with the installation of the main apps, you will also see an Authorisation Manager and the Custom Shop app. In your User Area on this site (where you dowloaded the software) you will find that each one will have a serial number next to it. Launch the Authorisation Manager and authorise all the serial numbers. You can do this for all four at the same time. The Custom Shop app is separate and is where you can go and browse gear if you want to buy additional sounds, modules etc. You can also trial gear from here for 72 hours, but the Custom Shop needs to be open in the background while you trial.

So, once you have authorised all four apps, run the installer for the sound content for ST4CS. It doesn't make much difference in what order as it does take care of itself but, be aware that as Syntronik comes from the SampleTank 3 era it will install in a different folder. As far as I remember, the content for Syntronik Free was part of the app install anyway, but until you get used to the way the content works I would suggest letting it install in its default pathways, but you can move the sample content later on, if you want it on an external drive for example.

NB. **I don't know what you are referring to by SampleTank Free Sounds. Don't install that one just yet, but come back and let us know whereabouts that file came from.**

And that should basically be it. Before opening Syntronik and ST4 in your DAW, I would suggest opening them as standalone first to check that they are working properly by themselves - it's a good way to fault find without a DAW getting in the way. If you have installed the sound content in its default place the apps will build a database the first time its opened and whatever sounds are included should play as normal. Once you're happy with them both as standalone, open your DAW and all four apps should be available to use in your projects.

Hope that explains it all (takes longer to read it than to do it). Let us know how you get on or if you get any more problems.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More