ST 2 XL content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: ST 2 XL content

Postby garfy » Sat May 02, 2020 3:35 pm

cbardusch wrote:Hello Garfy. Thanks again for providing this procedure. I followed all the steps and am able to access all the ST 2 XL sounds in ST 4. That being said, they all show up in a single category named "imported". So I have lost all the categories for filtering - Piano, Brass, Woodwinds, etc.. Is there a way to preserve the categorization when bringing them into ST 4?

Sorry cbardusch, this question got missed in the dual-threading going on.

Well, I can't speak for how ST2XL sounds might work as I don't have them, but for my imported SampleTron instruments (which are of the same vintage) I click on the ST3 Imported icon and then click the Folder icon to the left of where it says Library at the top of that column. This then switches to Folder view and shows me the SampleTron instrument in its original categories.

It might take a while to build the folder view (me and DarkStar are too-ing and fro-ing about how long it may take, depending on how many instruments you've got in there :D ) but hopefully this allows you to see your sounds in a more usable way.

As this thread appears to have got both you and @davegaunt on track to a working installation I'm going to lock it before it gets too confusing or more questions are missed. If either of you need to ask further questions please feel free to start new threads. :geek:
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More