ST 2 XL content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST 2 XL content

Postby cbardusch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:03 pm

Hello all. I just downloaded ST 4 CS. I own a license for ST2 XL and Xpansion Tank 2. Is there a way to import these libraries into 4? Everything I see online only talks about importing ST 3 into 4. Any help greatly appreciated!
cbardusch

Re: ST 2 XL content

Postby davegaunt » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:33 pm

I have the same problem - I own SampleTank 2 and 2.5, and tons of IK expansion libraries (OmniSynth, Vocal Collection, Vintage Keys, etc.) but never upgraded to ST3. I was thinking I'd have to buy ST4 SE since it's on sale, but I read here on the forum that ST4 has no import function. Is that only true of ST4 CS, or do I have to somehow buy ST3 to import all my libraries? Thanks!
davegaunt

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello cbardusch and davegaunt and welcome to the forums.

Legacy sound content pre-SampleTank 3 (such as SampleTron, XPansion Tank etc) cannot be imported directly into any version of ST4, it needs to be imported into ST3 first to make the file format readable by ST4.

If you go to your User Area you should find an entry for the free SampleTank Custom Shop along with a serial number. Once installed you can use it to import your legacy products into ST3 format. This sound content needs to be imported into a folder separate to your ST4 installation, so it's a good idea to leave it at its default. Here's the description of the import process from the FAQs:

To import -

1. Launch SampleTank 3
2. View the main PLAY page (loaded by default)
3. On the left side is your Instrument browser, click the small "menu" icon in the lower left of the Instrument browser window
4. From that menu, select Import Legacy Instruments
5. Name your imported library folder
6. Choose the disk path for the location of the sounds you want to import by clicking 'Browse' and navigating to the folder which stores your sounds to import
7. Click IMPORT
8. You will see a progress window showing the importing, please wait until finished.

Once the import is complete, open ST4 and make an additional pathway in Settings (gear icon)>Sound Content to point at this new SampleTank 3 folder. ST4 should then rebuild the database (if not, click Rescan All) and your legacy content will be available to use.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cbardusch » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:40 am

Thank you garfy, will give it a try. Much appreciated!
cbardusch

Postby davegaunt » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 am

Garfy, thank you for your reply. How long will it take for SampleTank 3 CS to show up on my Products page? There's an Amplitube 3 CS but no SampleTank 3 CS. Thanks!
davegaunt

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:51 am

davegaunt wrote:Garfy, thank you for your reply. How long will it take for SampleTank 3 CS to show up on my Products page? There's an Amplitube 3 CS but no SampleTank 3 CS. Thanks!

Hmm, I don't think it specifies it as SampleTank 3 CS, just SampleTank Custom Shop with the latest version number as 3.7.3. The serial number will begin STF30.

If you can't see it in your User Area, you should get in contact with Official IK Support here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Unfortunately, moderators on this forum don't have access to your accounts so I couldn't help you any further I'm afraid.
garfy

Postby davegaunt » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks, garfy. I sent an email to IK support and explained my problem, and also included a link to this forum to clarify things. Hopefully they can provide me a link to downloading and installing ST3 so I can import all my libraries as you outlined. Thanks again!
davegaunt

Postby cbardusch » Fri May 01, 2020 1:46 am

Hello Garfy. Thanks again for providing this procedure. I followed all the steps and am able to access all the ST 2 XL sounds in ST 4. That being said, they all show up in a single category named "imported". So I have lost all the categories for filtering - Piano, Brass, Woodwinds, etc.. Is there a way to preserve the categorization when bringing them into ST 4?
cbardusch

Postby davegaunt » Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 am

Hey, garfy, I have a question - and I am NOT angry or even concerned, just curious. Due to the Covid-19 shutdown, what is the average response time for an email inquiry to Toontrack support? I sent them an email right after we talked last Sunday, and it's now Thursday, so 5 days. I HAVE gotten an automated email opening a service request, but no email from a person. I don't know what things are like out there, and if there's a two week turnaround, I promise I'll be patient. :D If there's only a two DAY turnaround, I promise I'll STILL be patient, but maybe something has happened. Lord knows that happens to me. Anyway, thanks for listening.
davegaunt

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 am

Toontrack? I presume that you meant IK Multimedia. :)

IK Technical Support normally aims to reply within 2 business days. In the current circumstances it will be longer, but garfy (and I) do not have any insight into the current Support workload.

You can, if you wish, Reply to your email asking for a progress report. But i would ask that you just be patient. They will respond when they can.

Your issue is, I understand, when will SampleTank Custom Shop (v3.7.3) be listed in your User Area / My Products section. As you have products from ST2 onwards, I would expect that "SampleTank Custom Shop" would be there. I presume that you have double-checked.

This is what I have in mine:
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby davegaunt » Fri May 01, 2020 8:09 pm

Sorry. I'm having issues with Toontrack software as well and have parallel threads running.
I assure you I DO know the difference even if my fingers don't. :lol:

Yes, I have checked. I have the new SampleTank 4 CS, SampleTank Free (v.2.5.5b), SampleTank 2 LE (v2.0.8), and SampleTank 2 XT (v2.5.4). I also have SampleTank for my iPad Pro, which I THINK is v3 (the serial number starts with STI03), but I can't imagine the logistics of importing into that, or if it is even possible to do so.

Thanks for getting back to me. At least I DID get an automated email back with a support ticket number, so I know they got SOMETHING. Cheers!
davegaunt

Postby davegaunt » Fri May 01, 2020 11:17 pm

It just arrived! Thank you all for your help!
davegaunt

Postby davegaunt » Sat May 02, 2020 4:00 am

OK, one last question and then I'm out of your hair - everything is importing perfectly (well, it SAYS they are, I haven't listened to every single sound yet, but I'm sure they're fine), and I've relabeled them as the original name plus CS (i.e. Vocal Collection CS) so they're easy to sort through, it's a dream come true!

Question: when I'm all done and I want to put them all on my laptop, can I just copy over the new converted sounds, or do I have to copy over the original installed ST2 sounds and then import them on my laptop? That's it! Thanks again for everything.
davegaunt

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 am

I'm glad that you've now got the "SampleTank Custom Shop".

Tread carefully with renaming. Specifying a new name for the main folder during Import is OK; I do not think that there's any real need to rename the instruments. In ST4, there will be an "St3 Imported" library and when you select an "Imported into ST3" instrument the Info on the right-hand side will say so.

You should be able to copy over the complete ST3 library, including all Imported instruments, to your laptop. Give it a try.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Sat May 02, 2020 3:17 pm

DarkStar wrote:You should be able to copy over the complete ST3 library, including all Imported instruments, to your laptop. Give it a try.

@davegaunt - DarkStar is correct with this one. No need to do another import, just take the whole SampleTank 3 folder and copy over to your other machine. This takes all the imported Instruments, Samples, information etc in their Imported formats and, when you Rescan All on your other ST4 installation, it should end up the same as your main install.
garfy

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More