Installing Total Studio 2 MAX

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Total Studio 2 MAX

Postby Natebp » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:09 pm

[Mod Note - split topic and retitled as separate from original thread]

I recently switched from PC to MacBook Pro, so I'm new to macOS. Previously I used a PC laptop with a Presonus Audiobox USB 96 and was able to use various free plug-ins I found online in addition to the Presonus content. It worked great, but I wanted to upgrade.

I have two problems now. I purchased the TS2Max and went through the lengthy process of downloading and installing all the programs, files, and sounds. Disappointed to find out after purchase that several of the plug-ins aren't compatible with macOS Catalina and I'm unable to use them. I'm unable to find any of the TS2Max plug-ins on Presonus Studio One 4. I have a feeling I followed wrong instructions by allowing macOS to install everything wherever the default path was set to. I'm not sure how to even change it.

I also purchased an iRig Keys 2 Pro and have been unable to get it to work with the TS2 Max plug-ins, DAW or AnalogLab 4 Lite. I get a piano sound with headphones plugged directly into the keyboard, but nothing out of my speakers. I'm connected via the USB-C that came with the keys.

Any tips/help would be much appreciated.
Natebp

Re: Installing Total Studio 2 MAX

Postby garfy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I would advise that you change your username to something other than your email address. This kind of thing can be harvested by nefarious-types and you could be inundated with spam email.

Natebp76@gmail.com wrote:Disappointed to find out after purchase that several of the plug-ins aren't compatible with macOS Catalina and I'm unable to use them.

What specific plugins are you having problems with? As far as I'm aware it is only the Lurssen Console that is currently not Catalina compatible.

Natebp76@gmail.com wrote:I'm unable to find any of the TS2Max plug-ins on Presonus Studio One 4. I have a feeling I followed wrong instructions by allowing macOS to install everything wherever the default path was set to. I'm not sure how to even change it.

Do you mean that none of the plugins show up when you open Studio One? The default path for the plugin itself should always be used - you can place the sound content in another location though. However, have you tried rebooting the Mac since install? macOS has been a bit screwy since High Sierra when it comes to new software installs so may be worth a shot.

Natebp76@gmail.com wrote:I also purchased an iRig Keys 2 Pro and have been unable to get it to work with the TS2 Max plug-ins, DAW or AnalogLab 4 Lite. I get a piano sound with headphones plugged directly into the keyboard, but nothing out of my speakers. I'm connected via the USB-C that came with the keys.

How are the speakers connected to your system? I'm not sure how you can hear a piano sound if the keys don't work with any of the software you list, as it doesn't have on-board sound so you must be triggering software. Some more clarification/info here will help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Natebp » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm

garfy wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I would advise that you change your username to something other than your email address. This kind of thing can be harvested by nefarious-types and you could be inundated with spam email.

Thanks for the heads up. I've updated it.

garfy wrote:What specific plugins are you having problems with? As far as I'm aware it is only the Lurssen Console that is currently not Catalina compatible.

Lurssen Console installed okay, though I haven't tested it yet. The resources for the T-RackS 5 aren't compatible.

garfy wrote:Do you mean that none of the plugins show up when you open Studio One? The default path for the plugin itself should always be used - you can place the sound content in another location though. However, have you tried rebooting the Mac since install? macOS has been a bit screwy since High Sierra when it comes to new software installs so may be worth a shot.

So I feel stupid, Studio One 4 Prime doesn't allow plug-ins, you have to purchase the Professional version or buy an upgrade in the Artist version. I downloaded Reason just to see if another DAW worked. Reason pulled everything in and it's working great.

garfy wrote:How are the speakers connected to your system? I'm not sure how you can hear a piano sound if the keys don't work with any of the software you list, as it doesn't have on-board sound so you must be triggering software. Some more clarification/info here will help.

I'm not sure what I was hearing with headphones plugged directly into the keyboard. The sound was a basic piano sound, never changed when I tried changing the sounds. The good news is it's working in Reason with the exception of the 4+4 assignable knobs, but I'm sure that can be fixed by mapping it in Reason.
Natebp

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:16 am

Natebp wrote:The resources for the T-RackS 5 aren't compatible.

Ah, ok. These should just be some preset packs from famous producers. The actual software of TR5 should be fully functional without these.

Natebp wrote:Studio One 4 Prime doesn't allow plug-ins, you have to purchase the Professional version or buy an upgrade in the Artist version. I downloaded Reason just to see if another DAW worked. Reason pulled everything in and it's working great.

Sounds similar to the free version of ProTools as well - sort of a closed system unless you upgrade to a paid for version, which is fair enough I suppose. Glad you've got it working in Reason.

Natebp wrote:
garfy wrote: The good news is it's working in Reason with the exception of the 4+4 assignable knobs, but I'm sure that can be fixed by mapping it in Reason.

Great stuff. I haven't updated to the latest Reason versions, but assigning physical controls was very easy in Reason 8 so it should be the same with the latest.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More