SampleTank 4 SE questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 SE questions

Postby LoveEnigma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi,

Good day! I hope everyone is doing well. I am new to this forum and have a silly question if someone could please help answer it.

I have SampleTank 3 (full + additional content from Total Max Studio 2), SampleTank 4 CS (free), SampleTank 4 SE. I understand that SampleTank 4 SE has rescalable interface.

Now, my question is, can I install all the above software and their sounds and then use only "SampleTank 4 SE" as my VST/interface/editor for "all" the sounds? Can it import all those sounds? If so, it would be great, because I need not have 3 different VSTs in my list.

Hopefully I need not have to purchase SampleTank 4 (full) for the above to work.

Also, it can load all Syntronik instruments as well, right?

I am a little confused, so some clarification would be much appreciated. :)

Thank you,
LoveEnigma
LoveEnigma

Re: SampleTank 4 SE questions

Postby LoveEnigma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:46 pm

After looking around the website, if I understand correctly, what I mentioned will indeed work. Would be great to have double confirmation though. I am yet to install the products.
LoveEnigma

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello LoveEnigma and welcome to the forum.

The SampleTank 4 software is the same in all ST4 products - the difference is the licensed sounds library. And the SampleTank 4 CS plug-in is resizeable too (but not the standalone program).

Install ST4 SE and its sounds library (that includes the ST4 CS instruments too); add the path to your ST3 Sounds library to ST4's Preference Settings. Then you can use them all in ST4. Remember though that any Instrument or Multi that you save from ST4 will not be able to be loaded into ST3, so change the name slightly (add a "_4" to the end?).

The Syntronik instruments are intended to be installed INTO the main ST3 sounds library (primarily so that ST3 can load them too), so they should be OK.

If you ever need to use older sounds libraries then you will need to Import them into the ST3 sounds library using ST3 (ST4 cannot Import them). They will then be available in ST4

Hope that helps.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby LoveEnigma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi DarkStar,

Thank you for your detailed reply. It indeed helped to understand how to proceed.

If you ever need to use older sounds libraries then you will need to Import them into the ST3 sounds library using ST3 (ST4 cannot Import them). They will then be available in ST4

This is not applicable for ST3 content, right? I mean ST3 content will open directly in ST4 SE, as you mentioned above, right?

What are "older sound libraries" in this context?

Thanks again for your time and help.
LoveEnigma

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Yes, the ST3 sounds library (and anything Imported into that library) can be used in ST4 by adding its path to the Preference Settings in ST4.

"Older sound libraries" are ones such as Sonik Synth 2, SampleTron, the early Expansions (Vintage Voltage, OmniSynth 2, Mellozone, Vintage Keys Collection and many more) etc
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby LoveEnigma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Perfect, thanks again for your prompt help.

I don't have any old/legacy stuff, so I will follow your steps for importing ST3 (and Syntronik) sound libraries so that I use them with ST4 SE.

Have a good day!
LoveEnigma

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More