SampleTank 4 - Font used for MIDI channels

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 - Font used for MIDI channels

Postby michellachance » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi,

I have just installed SampleTank 4 and the interface has a strange behavior. The MIDI channels ports show music notation figures instead of numbers. I also see those figures on other places on the interface. Looking carefully, I figured that it uses a music font I had made for my teaching and that is called notemus.ttf. Is there any way to change this font so I can see numbers instead of music notes ?
michellachance

Re: SampleTank 4 - Font used for MIDI channels

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:33 am

Hello michellachance and welcome to the forum.

This sounds like it's an issue that is very specific to your set-up.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby michellachance » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pm

garfy wrote:Hello michellachance and welcome to the forum.

This sounds like it's an issue that is very specific to your set-up.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thank you garfy for your advice. This is just what I did and I am waiting now for a reply from IKM support. Just to develop a bit on the issue, I have uninstalled the music font that was showing on MIDI channel numbers, and the tempo and key selector. When I opened the program again, a special recorder fingering font (also made by myself) was showing instead. I removed the font from the system and when I opened the program again, the MIDI channel numbers and the tempo and key selectors were written with a school font with lines (jacinthe.ttf) !!! This looks defintely like a bug to me.
michellachance

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello

I remember there being a font bug in one of the really early versions of ST4, but this has been fixed, so as long as you're using the most recent version of the software it is probably not the same issue.

I can't find much else relating to a font bug on the forum, which suggests that it is not a widespread bug - obviously I don't know if anyone else has put a ticket in to support about anything similar.

IK Support endeavour to answer tickets within 2 working days, but as this is a holiday weekend and with the ongoing global issue you may have to hang tight for a while.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More