SampleTank4 New Install problems

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank4 New Install problems

Postby mpowell98828 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 am

I recently upgraded from ST 3 to ST 4. Of course, I spent the day downloading and installing all the instruments. When I open Logic Pro X I immediately get a crash! So, I removed ST 3 from my VST list in Logic, and that helped. But as I move through instruments and try different ones, I still get crashes from time to time.

Question: should I completely remove ST 3? Will that help?
Also, even though I paid for virtually ALL the instruments, they show up in my application as if is still need to purchase them with the little download arrow next to the title.

Urgggg! Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

iMac
Lots of RAM
Logic Pro X
mpowell98828

Re: SampleTank4 New Install problems

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:54 am

SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 are completely separate installs so you shouldn't have to touch your SampleTank 3 installation. Have you also inquired with our IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi ? They should be able to help as this is definitely not the normal behavior.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mpowell98828 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Asking support was my next task. Given the reduced ranks in the help centers, I figured I might get a better response from the forums. I guess I had hoped that this behavior rings a bell with someone and perhaps there was a patch out there or something...
mpowell98828

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:38 am

mpowell98828 wrote:Also, even though I paid for virtually ALL the instruments, they show up in my application as if is still need to purchase them with the little download arrow next to the title.

I'm not sure if it will solve the crashing problem itself, but have you used the Authorisation Manager to authorise all on your new libraries?

I have got ST3 and ST4 running side-by-side in a Mac/LPX system, so I can't help with the crashing I'm afraid but, as Peter_IK says, you shouldn't need to uninstall ST3 to run ST4 and I can't work out why removing ST3 from the plugin manager in LPX would change anything.

Does ST4 exhibit the same issues if you run it in standalone mode with LPX?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mpowell98828 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:05 pm

It appears that the problem lies with my Audio Interface. I have a Universal Audio apollo twin device which is fairly new to me. I don't seem to have the crashing problems when I turn off the apollo twin and use the sound drivers native to the Mac.

And although I did do all the authorization for my ST4 max, still when I open up the interface, most of the sound library is inaccessible--including my ST3 sounds!

ps. I have a screenshot of my interface with most of the instruments inaccessible, but don't know how to attach it to this post...
mpowell98828

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:13 pm

To post a screenshot:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

Are you using the standalone ST4 and ST3 programs or the plug-ons?

In ST4's Preference Settings, did you add the path to the ST3 sounds library?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Glad you've been able to (at least) ascertain what might be causing the crashes.

Here's a forum post about how to include pictures on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432"

As for the non-access to your sounds, please post an image of the main ST4 window and also one of how you have set up the pathways under Settings (gear icon)>Sound Content.

Thanks.

[Edit: Beaten by DarkStar :D ]
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More