SampleTank and speakers

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank and speakers

Postby mklaeneyx1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 am

I'm aware of the iLoud speaker and may consider purchasing it at some point.

However, is it possible to use a speaker I already have for my MacBook Pro 17, either bluetooth or connected via USB? The built-in speakers on the laptop just aren't loud enough.
mklaeneyx1

Re: SampleTank and speakers

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am

Hello mklaeneyx1 and welcome to the forum.

I would think so. As long as those devices (or their driver software) can be see in SampleTank's Audio set-up window. See 2.1.1 in the ST4 User Guide.

Why not give it a try?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mklaeneyx1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:31 pm

So, I noticed something kind of odd:

I was able to play many of the instruments - for example all of the electric organ sounds I believe - back through my keyboard speakers when I selected that as the output.

However, NONE of the 4 piano sounds that come with SampleTank free version would play back through my keyboard speakers. I noticed this on several other instruments too. It was as if it was 50/50 whether the sound would transmit back to my keyboard.

Is this a limitation of the software, or is it a locked feature where - in an upgraded version - all sounds would play out through my keyboard speaker?

Thanks.
mklaeneyx1

Postby rj.gray » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:16 pm

Sounds like you’ve set up something wrong in the multi. I was able to stack plenty of sounds in the free version.
rj.gray

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:00 pm

mklaeneyx1 wrote:... However, NONE of the 4 piano sounds that come with SampleTank free version would play back through my keyboard speakers. I noticed this on several other instruments too.

Did they all load OK in SampleTank? When you played from your keyboard, did any audio levels show on the meters?. Did you try playing by clicking the SampleTank virtual keyboard? Did you do any channl routing in SampleTank or youe DAW?

mklaeneyx1 wrote:Is this a limitation of the software, or is it a locked feature where - in an upgraded version - all sounds would play out through my keyboard speaker?

Not that I know of.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More