Syntrronik Free: How to get RUSH Tom Sawyer Sound?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntrronik Free: How to get RUSH Tom Sawyer Sound?

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Possible? I'm close but not close enough using the "Bully" pedal versions but I'm not a synth guy so I don't understand what all the knobs and switches do and the tutorial I found on Youtube doesn't match the controls on the Syntronik versions of the Taurus. Been tweaking for days and just feel like I'm not making any progress.
UrKungFuNoGood

Re: Syntrronik Free: How to get RUSH Tom Sawyer Sound?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:50 pm

If you mean the signature sweeping sound at the beginning, that's not produced using Taurus pedals (even if triggered by Taurus pedals live by the band). In Syntronik there's a preset Modern Day Warrior which is not in the free version and it uses the OXa Syntronik instrument which is based on the Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa (which is how Rush produced that signature sound on the album and live).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Thank you!
I loaded up the OBXa model in Syntronik Free and was able to get really really close :cheer:
UrKungFuNoGood

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm

ok...
Sold lol
UrKungFuNoGood

Postby mdb_ikmm » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30 am

Hello:

The Modern Day Warrior preset is indeed very close to the sweeping intro. Thank you IKM and Syntronik for this. Would someone within IKMultimedia / Syntronik, or within the community here, be able to suggest settings or presets within OXa to capture as closely as possible the sounds of the other keyboard parts? In particular:

- the single-note progressions starting at, say, 0:35 through the fade at 0:50 (and repeating later in the song, starting at ~ 2:58)

- the famous repeating keyboard solo pattern starting at about 1:32 until the beginning of the guitar solo, and again starting at 4:02 through about 4:22, including that awesome "quavering" effect as the last note fades out?

If there were a couple of sets of presets one could switch between to capture these two tones, ideally both within OXa, that would be fantastic.

Thanks very much,
-Michael
mdb_ikmm

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More