Sampletank 4 crashes on Ableton Live 10

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 crashes on Ableton Live 10

Postby flavorgeneral » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:03 am

I'm having trouble trying to load Sampletank 4 into Ableton Live 10. Live crashes when trying to load Sampletank. It may be because I installed to a different hard drive than system drive since my external drive is 1TB and my system drive only 500GB.
flavorgeneral

Re: Sampletank 4 crashes on Ableton Live 10

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 am

Do you mean that the ST4 sounds library is on a different disk. That should be OK.

Does the standalone ST4 program load and run OK? Can you load and play instruments there?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby flavorgeneral » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:39 pm

The standalone program works ok and it can load all the instruments and samples.
flavorgeneral

Postby bittermany » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:34 am

Check the folder path in the settings of Sampletank, maybe you've got the same path twice. so delete one. fixed it for me
bittermany

Postby JesterMgee0 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:31 pm

I too also get crashes occasionally when just switching instruments, doesn't matter what host, just select an instrument and the program will crash so you are not alone there.
JesterMgee0

Postby TylerWSupernor » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:05 pm

bittermany wrote:Check the folder path in the settings of Sampletank, maybe you've got the same path twice. so delete one. fixed it for me

THANKS SO MUCH, I have been trying to solve this issue FOR. EVER. I just fixed up my folder paths and deleted them all but the main one and now it’s perfectly smooth!

Thanks again!

Tyler
TylerWSupernor

Postby Kenyx841 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:55 am

JesterMgee0 wrote:I too also get crashes occasionally when just switching instruments, doesn't matter what host, just select an instrument and the program will crash so you are not alone there.

I am a Live 11.2 user. I have this issue as well. I opened a support ticket about a month ago, they taught me to put all the sound library in one path. I did it and it crashes still ... then I kept sending email to them and never got reply again. May I know have you fixed the issue?
Kenyx841

Postby JesterMgee0 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:26 am

Nope, no fix and have other issues I ahve opened a support ticket for also and have not had a reply in a week. Since its xmas i'll wait a bit and follow up but so far i've had a pretty terrible run with this product line and am still not able to use it as i'd like to.
JesterMgee0

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More