SampleTank crashes during project start up c0000005[Resolved

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank crashes during project start up c0000005[Resolved

Postby jdezellem » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Recently updated windows along with installed Sampletank Editor and CS. Was originally using SampleTank CE. Both VST2 and VST3 versions cause crashes. Tried multiple installs and uninstalls of Sampletank CE and CS.

The error message pretty much says :
A fatal error has occurred.
Module: FILEPATH\Sampletank 4.dll
A crash dump file has been created.
Exception code: c0000005
Address: Random numbers and letters to show where in RAM the error took place
As a result of this error Cakewalk is about to exit abnormally. Would you like to save your work?

Looking around it looks like c0000005 means Sampletank 4 is trying to write something in a location it can't access. If anyone could give me some advice or ideas on h ow to solve this I would be grateful :D
jdezellem

Re: SampleTank crashes durring project start up c0000005

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support for official and direct assistance? If not, I'd suggest doing so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as they can definitely assist you and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jdezellem » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:45 am

Found the issue.
I had the a duplicate file path for one of my sample locations. Deleting it solved the issue.
jdezellem

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am

jdezellem wrote:I had the a duplicate file path for one of my sample locations. Deleting it solved the issue.

Great stuff jdezellem, glad you found the issue.

Thanks for posting your solution as it may help other users in the future.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More