Redundancy between ST3 and ST4es

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Redundancy between ST3 and ST4es

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:48 pm

I just got Total Studio 2 Max and I was wondering how much redundancy there is between SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4ES . Do I really need to install both of them ?
StevenMikel

Re: Redundancy between ST3 and ST4es

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:42 pm

There are definitely new SampleTank 4 sounds in SampleTank 4 SE. You can see the whole list which shows which are new and which are from SampleTank 3 here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist

Just click the "SampleTank 4 SE" link there to see the full list of included sounds. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bpeterson1123 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:55 am

I recently bought Total Studio 2 Max and was wondering if I can uninstall the SampleTank 3 Windows application without losing all of the legacy ST3 samples? I use the ST4es program exclusively within my VST host software, Gig Performer.
bpeterson1123

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:56 am

I am almost certain that uninstalling the ST3 software does not uninstall the ST3 sounds library. After all, they were installed separately.

But you wont get back much disk space. And if you ever need to Import legacy instruments, you'll need ST3 as ST4 does not have an Import feature.

If you understand what you're doing you could try this (not endorsed by IK Multimedia.
-- rename the ST3 sounds library folder,
-- uninstall the ST3 software,
-- if that uninstall was set up to uninstall the ST3 sounds library, it would not find it,
-- when complete, change the ST3 sounds library folder back to its previous name.

Check that all is still OK in ST4 SE (not "es" :))
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More