Impossible to lauch Miroslav 1 in my DAW

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Impossible to lauch Miroslav 1 in my DAW

Postby muller_nicolasdimitri » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello,
I just bought a new desktop PC with Win 10, I I'm currently reinstalling all my MAO softwares. I have a problem with my Miroslav I (v1.1.2). Everything is installed correctly. The stand-alone works fine. I checked my VST file and the Philharmonik.dll is in the right folder. But I cannot find the software when I'm in my DAW Cubase 8.0.4. And if I try to open a former project, I have a error message - "cannot find the VST Philarmonic".
I installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the soft 2-3 times with no improvments.
Everything else is OK with my PC and other softwares ; only Miroslav seems to have some trouble.
Any idea how to fix this issue ?
Best regards
muller_nicolasdimitri

Re: Impossible to lauch Miroslav 1 in my DAW

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello muller_nicolasdimitri and welcome to the forum.

What does MAO mean?

Miroslav Philharmonik 1 is a 32-bit program and plug-in only. You might need to run Cubase in 32-bit mode or use a software bridge.

Or, you could download and install SampleTank Custom Shop (that installer include SampleTank 3) and Import the MP1 samples into the ST3 library. ST3 is 64-bit. And you can then layer the MP1 instruments with the ST3 instruments.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby muller_nicolasdimitri » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 am

Hello Darkstar and thanks for the answer,

Sorry, MAO is in french "musique assistée par ordinateur" wich means "computer assisted music", sorry I didn't translate. ^^

With my former computer, I had Win 7 64bits and Miroslav 1 worked perfectly so I'm surprise when you say it's 32bits only.

I'll try with Sample Tank.
muller_nicolasdimitri

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 pm

:)
MAO could be translated as DAW ("Digital Audio Workstation").

32-bit programs will run on Windows 7, and, I guess, Windows 10. But 32-bit plug-ins needs a host program (or bridge software) that supports them. It looks like Cubase 8 can support them, so the problem may be something-else.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby muller_nicolasdimitri » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:47 pm

I was able to use the Miroslav sounds with Sample Tank as you said, thanks ! But I don't have the Miroslav interface anymore (wich is not a big problem, but I don't know how to edit the sounds / expression with Sample Tank. I will dig it later.

Anyway, thanks ! :)
muller_nicolasdimitri

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Good oh :)

On the [Play] tab, select the instrument in the browser, double-click it to load it into an instrument slot. Then switch to the [Edit] tab. All the editable parameters are there.

Details are in the ST3 User Guide which was installed when you installed the software.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More