Miroslav Philharmonik 1 and articulations

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 1 and articulations

Postby Cerno_bo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Hello!

I have the old version of Miroslav Philharmonik and I would like to know whether there is a better way of accessing the different instruments' articulations without having to go through all the trouble of adding a specific articulation as its own instrument.

I know that MP2 has the ability to make the switch via certain keyboard keys, but I suppose I'm out of luck with MP1 in that regard, right?

I thought maybe I could load the MP1 patches into Sample Tank and check whether such a feature exists there, but I cannot seem to get a download for Sample Tank 3 free or Custom Shop. I assume they have been discontinued in favor of ST4?

So, can I somehow switch between articulations in Miroslav Philharmonic 1 using MIDI signals? Solutions that use third-party software would work for me. I am fairly new to this, so I bought MP1 as a cheap entry level alternative and I am trying to get the most out of my current setup without spending more money on additional software for now.

If it helps: I am currently using Reaper 5 and the Reaticulate Plugin.
Cerno_bo

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 1 and articulations

Postby Cerno_b » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:22 am

Aw man, I'm so stupid. :oops:

I had another account which I had used to register MP1 4 years ago. When I logged in, I saw that I had Sample Tank CS in my account. Not sure if it will solve my problem, but at least I am one step further.
Cerno_b

Postby Cerno_b » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Ok, I'm stuck again.

I was able to import the MP1 instruments into ST3, but the articulations don't switch. This is due to the fact that they are no Key Switch instruments (there is no KS logo).

Is there any way of editiong the MP1 instruments in a way that makes them KS-compatible? I assume the format has changed a lot between stw and st3i. But is there a workaround maybe?

Edit: Can I mis-use the patterns somehow? They seem to trigger by keyboard, but they seem to play a midi file without changing the instrument.
Cerno_b

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 pm

Hello Cerno_b and welcome to the forum

MP1 does not have any key-switched (articulated) instruments. Each articulation is a separate instruments. When imported into ST3 they will also be listed as separate instruments. They cannot be converted into KS instruments.

One workaround depends on your host. You could save the various MP1 instrument articulations as host presets and use some sort of mechanism (Program Change messages work in Reaper, for example) to load those different presets
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Cerno_b » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:47 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll have to look into it, as I haven't worked with presets or Program Change. I appreciate the ideas.
Cerno_b

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More