Sampletank 4 loses settings under Cubase

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 loses settings under Cubase

Postby hmadfai » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi,

Sampletank 4 under Cubase 10 Pro (Mac OSX Catalina) is losing settings - patches sound good on initial load but would then sound different after a few cycles. On occasions the sound loses presence & volume on other occasions I hear a 'unison' effect as if the sound is played twice. Also, Volume settings for some (not all) patches would not be saved with the project forcing me to go into ST4 to set the volumes every time I load my projects.

Any ideas as to how to resolve these issues?

Thanks,

Hasan
hmadfai

Re: Sampletank 4 loses settings under Cubase

Postby bpeterson1123 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm

I am having the same problem with SampleTank 4.0.9 and Gig Performer (VST host software). As Cubase and Gig Performer are two very different applications, I see the common thread as SampleTank. It is very sad that there is no official IK response or comment on this issue, which you reported one month ago.
bpeterson1123

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Please note that you won't get an official response to your technical support issues here as this is not a technical support forum (as per the rules posted on the top of each page and to which you agreed when signing up). Technical support is done by the IK Support team directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I'm sure they can help you both with the issue you are experiencing. This is likely not a global issue that would not require a global response/news as is the case with most technical support tickets. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bpeterson1123 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 pm

I appreciate the reply, but in my case at least this issue is very hard to reproduce. It happens sporadically and as the OP stated, the sounds and settings seem to erode after multiple open/save operations within the DAW or VST host software. In my experience, this problem pre-dated 4.0.9.
bpeterson1123

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:45 pm

bpeterson1123 wrote:I appreciate the reply, but in my case at least this issue is very hard to reproduce. It happens sporadically and as the OP stated, the sounds and settings seem to erode after multiple open/save operations within the DAW or VST host software. In my experience, this problem pre-dated 4.0.9.

Please open a support ticket for the team to properly investigate your issue. I can confirm this is not a common issue with SampleTank 4 and the team would be more than happy to dig into this.

We look forward to seeing your ticket. Make sure to PM me your ticket number once opened.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby hmadfai » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I have now raised a tech support ticket as suggested.

Hasan
hmadfai

Postby rj.gray » Sat May 16, 2020 7:57 am

bpeterson1123 wrote:I appreciate the reply, but in my case at least this issue is very hard to reproduce. It happens sporadically and as the OP stated, the sounds and settings seem to erode after multiple open/save operations within the DAW or VST host software. In my experience, this problem pre-dated 4.0.9.

I realize you can't discuss the content of support tickets but did you find any workaround for this issue aside from loading the multis again? This is pretty much a show stopper for me as I usually edit at the very least envelopes.

I'm having the issue in Studio One and Ableton Live- it's related to changing Envelope, LFO, or Filter settings in the Editor, especially any Hold settings. This happens when loading multis from within ST, re-loading a session in the DAW, or loading DAW presets/chains. And since someone will most likely ask, I did send support a ticket and details to reproduce it on their end.
rj.gray

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 1:34 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#].

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is continue to work with Technical Support. Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Danix78 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm

A similar problem a few days ago. I already wrote on another post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27527#p132075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again a similar problem:

I had been working on a project with Cubase for several days with the sounds of MP2 on ST4 and everything felt good.

Yesterday I reopened the project and the sounds of MP2 on ST4 were very low, at a very low volume.

I thought it was a Cubase problem.

I opened all instances of ST4 and reloaded the MP2 sounds, one at a time, and everything is back to normal.

I don't know who generated the problem between Cubase, ST4 and MP2.
Danix78

Postby bpeterson1123 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:30 am

For me (using latest ST4 with Cantabile 4 VST host), the "low volume" phenomenon seems happen more frequently with Sampletank 2.5 sample patches.
bpeterson1123

Postby armor » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:35 am

Greetings everyone!

I am experiencing the same problem. Sampletank 4 presets does not load properly when reopening the project file on cubase. I had been using Cubase elements 10.5, Cubase A1 11, and A1 12 and had similar problems. I also realized most of these presets are from sampletank 3 libraries and syntronik 1 libraries.

Yes, i am planning to contact support but hoping that some good news pop up from here, solving this problem.
armor

Postby rj.gray » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:05 pm

armor wrote:I am experiencing the same problem. ... Yes, i am planning to contact support but hoping that some good news pop up from here, solving this problem.

My solution was to not use SampleTank 4 in any of those DAWs. By chance, I now use Logic and it works well.

Definitely go through the ticket and support process. My conversations with support yielded unproductive answers, but perhaps a larger quantity of tickets will help. In 2020 I got the feeling that the problem wasn't going to disappear any time soon. Take that how you will. If you say this is still occurring then the last two years have proved me right.
rj.gray

Postby duds66 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:07 pm

Any news on this thread ? I have the same issue with cantabile.
duds66

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:55 pm

duds66 wrote:Any news on this thread ? I have the same issue with cantabile.

Have you reported your issue to IK Support?
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby armor » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:43 pm

Greetings! As to my own set up, this issue has been resolved by the latest Sampletank 4 update 4.2.3! :D
armor

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More