Connect 2 keyboards Hammond B3x with logic pro x

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Connect 2 keyboards Hammond B3x with logic pro x

Postby Aspenboston » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi, got hammond and 2 keyboards using logic, i can't find any help on website to set them up, one up one down. how can the program Hammond b3 knows which one is which? so far both keyboard play on the same #1, if change on lower both play on 2 and same for 3? appreciate help. thank you.
Aspenboston

Re: Connect 2 keyboards Hammond B3x with logic pro x

Postby dlgebert » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:03 am

Aspenboston wrote:so far both keyboard play on the same #1, if change on lower both play on 2 and same for 3?

In the "Hammond_B-3X_User_Manual" on page 22 it mentions that you can only set the MIDI channel that the "Upper", "Lower" and "Pedal" respond to, you can't pick the device, which should be done by the DAW.

I have Studio One 4 on my iMac and I'm able to setup the MIDI configuration so that Studio One will only allow channel #1 thru on my main keyboard, and then only allow channel #2 thru on my second MIDI instrument. That way the B-3X only "sees" MIDI traffic from one keyboard on channel #1 and only "sees" MIDI traffic from the other keyboard on channel #2.

Can Logic Pro X route MIDI traffic that way also? I'd be surprised if it couldn't. You can download the user manual from your User Area in the My Products section. Under the "Hammond B-3X" product serial number, there is a Download Resources button where you can download the manual if you want.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Aspenboston » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi Dave, thank you for helping. Actually i found the answer on youtube after many hours of search, wish multimedia provides this kind of info for other users, it is rather complex at first look but after doing it 3 or 4 times that's ok. Here is the link, this is for logic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itmnt-BAM6M

the other issue i have with HB3 is to not be able to use my sustain pedal with it, it does only on/off by pressing the pedal, no info on the manual. let me know if you know how to do it, if not again thanks for your time, have a great wk.
Aspenboston

Postby dlgebert » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:12 am

Cool, I'm glad you got it working ok. I watched part of the video, it's interesting how different DAWs do similar things in totally different ways...

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More