Issues loading IK's VST's into DAW.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Issues loading IK's VST's into DAW.

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Are you all set now or are there still any outstanding issues?

And, to help others with similar-looking problems, can you summarise the steps you took to resolve things.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ron-e-g » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:48 pm

DarkStar wrote:Are you all set now or are there still any outstanding issues?

And, to help others with similar-looking problems, can you summarize the steps you took to resolve things.

No issues that I have not been able to overcome with your help. I think the prior post speak for themselves. However if I had to surmise the steps, I would say , run every thing in "Administrator mode". Including any DAW's you may have. This solves the Registry errors. As for actually authorizing a product..I suggest everyone use the link you provided; link; https://www.ikmultimedia.com/registration/ not use the one given in the program itself. It (also) also appears to be abandon. Or, still back in windows XP era. :roll:
ron-e-g

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Authorization Manager is not abandoned, nor is stuck in the past. Also, none of the current versions of our flagship software programs require running as Administrator (nor your DAW) to function properly (almost every user of these products runs them in normal mode).

This is not a technical support forum. I'm sure our official support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support could assist you around any of these statements/issues via the ticket system (or through further help if you are already working with them).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm

DarkStar Sorry if you took offense. Wasn't my intention, but you asked. However, As a long time user of VST's, and VSTI's I know when programs are user friendly , and recognize when they are not. These have proven to be not. Granted most (not all) are freeware. I have had a request in for technical support for 4 days now. I get it the week-end, other cases ect. Only glad I'm not in the middle of recording, mixing, or mastering a project for a client through these issues.
You have been most gracious to help me with my lack of knowledge, and just plain forgot-ness.
And I thank you for all you have done. Much! appreciated.
Ron
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:27 pm

No problem, no offence taken :)

Chase up Support. Or send Ryan_IK a PM with your Ticket Number so that he can give them a nudge.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More