Issues loading IK's VST's into DAW.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Issues loading IK's VST's into DAW.

Postby ron-e-g » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:39 pm

I been noticing a "not responding" phase happen several times when trying to load projects into MixCraft 9 Pro. I think I have tracked down part of the problem. When scanning the VST folders from within the DAW I get these registry errors. (images) attached.
Anyone else have/had this issue? Any solution found?

Click each to see a bigger image.

ron-e-g

Re: Issues loading IK's VST's into DAW.

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:22 pm

Have those plug-ins ever worked in Mixcraft?

Double-check that you are using the 32-bit edition of Mixcraft.

Do the standalone editions of those 3 products load and run OK?

Could it be that Mixcraft is not able to access the Program Files (x86) sub-folders (which those three plug-ins use). You may need to run Mixcraft "as Administrator".

PS I fixed the PHP syntax for your images.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ron-e-g » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:38 pm

Thanks for your response DarkStar,
Yes, they actually work now. It's just they require me to hit the "OK" button on the error screen associated with each one (as shown in images) on every one when I'm scanning my VST folders from within the DAW... preferances> plugins> scan VST folders. When I open M.C. it goes through the normal loading VST's function then opens to the project select page. After I select the desired project to load I get a series of "not responding" errors in the header field, but it eventually loads the project. The IK's programs work within the DAW at this point.

I prefer the 64 bit version as it works best with my 64 bit OS, and other VSTI's and plug-ins.

I don't have those avail. to me any longer since SampleTank 3 took the player option away. I would like to retain that though if possible. I went to see what version of these various programs were, and couldn't find out, as I no longer have the players as stand alone. I can only access them through the SampleTank3 player.

I gotta think MixCraft is access the folders as they work once loaded. They just are hitting a registry error for some reason. I had this very same issue before..when SampleTank 3 first came out. All my stand alone versions of these products quit working with the very same registry error window. I was forced to abandon them in favor of the SampleTank 3 option.

when I load M.C. as administrator the registry error windows go away, but I still get pauses of "not responding" when loading projects.
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:09 pm

I think that it would be best to contact IKM Technicla support for some one to one diagnosis and guidance.

Some thoughts:
-- the three plug-ins are all 32-bit; maybe Mixcraft's bridging is problematic?
-- the standalone ("player") editions of those three products do not disappear of their own accord; maybe they were removed at some stage (or even never installed).
-- ST3 does not remove the player editions of those 3 products, nor stop them working,
-- I do not understand when you say "I can only access them through the SampleTank3 player."

Maybe you should uninstall those 3 products (the software, not the sounds libraries) and use the Import feature of ST3 to bring all their libraries into ST3. Then you can use all the instruments there, layer them etc. NB If you have ST3 MAX, I think that you already have the ST2 XL library available.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ron-e-g » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:36 pm

Agree need to go back to tech. support.
DarkStar wrote:-- the standalone ("player") editions of those three products do not disappear of their own accord; maybe they were removed at some stage (or even never installed).
-- ST3 does not remove the player editions of those 3 products, nor stop them working,
-- I do not understand when you say "I can only access them through the SampleTank3 player."

Maybe you should uninstall those 3 products (the software, not the sounds libraries) and use the Import feature of ST3 to bring all their libraries into ST3. Then you can use all the instruments there, layer them etc. NB If you have ST3 MAX, I think that you already have the ST2 XL library available.

I did indeed have the stand-alone versions. however they all quit working at the same time :roll: so I was forced to go to the (new) SampleTank3 to use it's player to continue to use these products. At that point I deleted the non working players...IK's solution at the time. You believe those players work now without the registry error? I already use the libraries as you suggested in ST3.
ron-e-g

Postby ron-e-g » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:47 pm

Went back to one VST, SampleMoog. Uninstalled then re-installed form my IK products page. I see no stand alone version. I must be missing something. Does it have one? if so how do I access it?
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:40 pm

Thank you for the clarification - I now see that I was interpreting your phrases differently and I now understand.

My SampleMoog standalone program was installed (on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit) into C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/SampleMoog.

Have you got any other (32-bit) DAWs you can try?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:44 pm

[url][url=https://postimages.org/]Image[/url][/url]

ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:21 pm

^^^
Right-click it and select "Run as Administrator"?

Exactly which OS are you using?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:05 pm

I've got windows 10 64 bit. Got two working but get this on Sample Tron. I use the serial and authorization on my products page , but it does not work. Try to register on line function get "page not found" could this be any harder? I think not.
ron-e-g

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:50 pm

How do I re-register Sample Tron, when the normal paths fail. Won't except the authorization code. Won't register online goes to "page not Found"
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:38 pm

So ST2 XL and SampleMoog were OK, but SampleTron wasn't?

Try Registration on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/registration/
You will need the Serial Number and the generated Digital ID

Or just contact Technical Support who will surely sort you pout.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ron-e-g » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Thank you DarkStar for all your help. I have all products going now. Not sure why they
all need administration rights, and why the normal paths to registry fail. another topic for another day! :D
ron-e-g

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Remember that those installers were built back in the days of WIndows XP.

From Vista onwards, Microsoft has tightened up access to The Program Files folders, the Windows folders and the Registry to reduce threats from malicious software.

Those 3 products all need write access to files in sub folders within Program Files (x86) and Windows 10 blocks that. Maybe they need access to the Registry too? Or "Registry error" does not necessarily mean the Windows Registry?

Running the program (your DAW or ST2, SampleMoog, SampleTron) "as Administrator" overrides that block.

NB Running a program "as Administrator" is NOT the same as running that program when logged in with an administrator-type User Account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... rator.html
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... 31742.aspx
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ron-e-g » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:06 pm

DarkStar, Thanks for the info. and links. Great information. Only wish IK would update the installers. Understand that, sometimes, somethings, You just need to move on from.
Ron
ron-e-g

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More