Philharmonk is only 32 Bit ... Is there an upgrade?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonk is only 32 Bit ... Is there an upgrade?

Postby eric.linder » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Am I forced to purchase Philharmonik 2, since Philharmonik is no longer usable in 10.15 on Mac? Thanks!
eric.linder

Re: Philharmonk is only 32 Bit ... Is there an upgrade?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

You can use Miroslav Philharmonik 1 (and 2) inside SampleTank 4 for 64-bit (and Catalina) compatibility. You can see what crossgrades/upgrades you qualify for at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility

You would need to import into SampleTank 3 (including the free CS version) first, though, for Miroslav Philharmonik 1.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eric.linder » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:36 pm

I have sample tank 3 (with Philharmonik) but not 4.

I don't see a cross-grade price, only $299 for Sample Tank 4 Max.
eric.linder

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 pm

As Peter mentioned, you can Import the Miroslav Philharmonik 1 (MP1) Instruments and Combis into SampleTank 3. In fact I did just that yesterday. :) No need to get ST4 (yet ;)),
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:28 pm

DarkStar wrote:As Peter mentioned, you can Import the Miroslav Philharmonik 1 (MP1) Instruments and Combis into SampleTank 3. In fact I did just that yesterday. :) No need to get ST4 (yet ;)),

Though SampleTank 3 is not officially Catalina compatible so it may pose some issues.

Also, 299.99 is the SampleTank 4 upgrade price.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Ah, I thought that it was just the ST3 installer that was not compatible with Catalina.

From what eric.linder posted I thought that he already had ST3 installed. We shall see.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:Ah, I thought that it was just the ST3 installer that was not compatible with Catalina.

From what eric.linder posted I thought that he already had ST3 installed. We shall see.

That is true, already-installed software may run fine. Just beware any reinstalls or similar may pose an issue. Good point. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eric.linder » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks for the clarification(s). Yes, ST3 is already installed.

Let me ask this, if I get ST4, does it install over ST3 or is a completely new product? My guess is the second, but just curious. Thanks!
eric.linder

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 pm

It's the second, It is a separate program and library. ST4 will not replace the ST3 plug-ins in your project.

In ST4 you can have multiple library disk paths. So you can have the ST4 library AND your ST3 library. And ST4 does not have an Import feature, so keep ST3 installed.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby eric.linder » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Not sure I understand what you mean by "no import?" Does that mean I CAN'T import things like Philharmonik into ST4?

Also, I'm debating now between ST4 and Syntronik ... Thoughts?
eric.linder

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 pm

Correct.

ST3 is able to Import "Legacy" libraries such as MP1, Sonik Synth 2, SampleMoog, SampleTank Xpansions etc. ST3 will create new copies of those libraries in ST3 format. It will not overwrite the legacy libraries themselves.

ST4 cannot Import older libraries. But it can load ST3 instruments. So the approach is to Import the old libraries using ST3, then set ST4 to access its own library and the ST3 library (which will then include the Imported legacy libraries).

Syntronik is similar to ST3, with some extra features. But it can only load its own instruments (which are in ST3 format). And, on installation the library should be installed into the ST3 library, by using the SAME disk path as used for ST3. That way, ST3 can load the Syntronik instruments too.

As for which one to choose, it all depends on what sounds you want. ALso, the Syntronik v1.2.0b installer IS compatible with Catalina.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby eric.linder » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:37 am

Thank you!!
eric.linder

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 am

Let us know what you decide to do. And remember to check out the Crossgrades / Upgrades available in your User Area.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More