SampleTank and Bluetooth MIDI

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

SampleTank and Bluetooth MIDI

Postby texwes » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 pm

Will SampleTank running on an iPad accept MIDI input via Bluetooth from a MIDI adapter like the Yamaha MD-BT01? I don't see any way to set up MIDI Bluetooth input in SampleTank and wanted to check before I bought the adapter.
Last edited by texwes on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texwes

Re: SampleTank and Bluetooth MIDI

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:35 pm

You should be able to set any viable MIDI controller in SampleTank (and/or your DAW) regardless of it being Bluetooth, USB, or 5-pin MIDI. As long as your system sees it as a MIDI controller, SampleTank and your DAW (and any audio application) should too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texwes » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Thanks for quick reply. The product info says "To be connected successfully, thie adapter should be recognized as a bluetooth device by your applications at first, so please make sure that there is an application transmitting bluetooth midi in your iOS smart device." Does SampleTank do this by default or would I need a separate MIDI app to make the connection?
texwes

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:26 pm

Ah sorry, as this was posted in the desktop VI subforum I assumed SampleTank for Mac/PC as I must have glanced right over that "for iPad" part!

The SampleTank application itself doesn't transmit MIDI over Bluetooth nor specifically receive it as far as I'm seeing so it won't likely work unless the adapter/controller can be seen as a traditional MIDI controller.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jmcclainjr630 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 pm

I found a way to get around this. I have a Yamaha UD-BT01(MIDI Adapter) for my EWI USB to use with another app I was told about recenly called Thumbjam and the app is cool but i missed Sampletank and the soundbank that came with it. So i connected the Yamaha UD-BT01 in the Thumbjam app and opened Sampletank and like a charm it works! Currently i have to connect the device through the Thumbjam app in order for the device to work with Sampltank. It does not work with Sampletank independently.
Jmcclainjr630

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories