Syntronik and SampleTank 3 resetting each other's disk paths

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik and SampleTank 3 resetting each other's disk p

Postby simoncroft » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:57 pm

DarkStar wrote:Well, Support aren't in until Monday :). So ...

Nothing I have suggested should affect playing ST3 instruments in ST3 in existing projects. Has something-else changed?

Could you clarify what is meant by "manually reset each instance of ST3"?

If you have the exact folder hierarchy shown below:
and the Disk path in the software's Preferences is pointing to that "SampleTank 3" folder then you should be OK.

Just to humour me, can you check out one of the problematic ST3 instruments? For example, the Fretless J Bass. This is what I have here:

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

Please ignore my comment regarding ST3 in Logic. That one is a problem of my own making and I know exactly what I did wrong. It's a red herring. Sorry.

I can confirm that my directory structure is the same as shown in the diagram, although the folder called Samples has a path /SampleTank 3/Samples/ and not '/Instruments', of course.

My Fretless J Bass is working and appears in the same part of the hierarchy as yours.

I shall raise a support ticket. Thank you for that suggestion. None of this is urgent, so I'm happy to wait. When I know the answer, I'll post it here in the hope it may benefit anyone who has the same problem.
simoncroft

Re: Syntronik and SampleTank 3 resetting each other's disk p

Postby simoncroft » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 pm

DarkStar wrote:Could there be some sort of folder / file permissions problem? Which could affect any new ones that have been created.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

One more diagnostic tool - but this is a bit extreme. Can you create a text file listing all the folders and files and their hierarchy in the "SampleTank 3" folder, compress it into a .zip file and upload it somewhere safe? So that I can have a look.

I've checked the Permissions for the drive that has the IK resources on it, and it is read/write, as it should be. The same with the system disk. However, I share your line of thinking, which tackles the fundamental question: what is the difference between the .pak files ST3 puts in the database and the ones it does not?

I think the answer must be along the lines of either it's working from a pre-existing list of files it expects to find, or there is something about the last file it lists that instructs it to stop. (These are concepts, rather than technical specifics, meaning my vague ideas don't translate into a solution to the problem. However, I did try placing the Syntronik files in their own named folders within the Imported Instrument and Imported Samples folders, which is how the Miroslav Orchestra is stored. It didn't change anything, apart from where Syntronik was listed within ST3...)

As for the text file listing out the complete hierarchy, I can't help feeling that this would be an absolute nightmare for you to wade through, and vastly more time consuming for you than it would be fair of me to expect. You've already be very generous to have gone this far. Let's see what tech support comes up with first.
simoncroft

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More