Importing SampleTron into SampleTank CS 3 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Importing SampleTron into SampleTank CS 3 [Resolved]

Postby BjornRiis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi

Apologies if this has been resolved already in another thread.

I've just installed SampleTank CS3 and imported legacy instrument SampleTron. This to be able to run legacy instruments in Logic Pro X 64b. Is there a way to get the old SampleTron interface or controls available? SampleTank only has a couple of controls on hand and I can't tweak the SampleTron sounds as I used to with Logic 9. I'm especially looking for the sustain or release control to be able to hold the notes beyond the standard 8 sec.

Thanks for your help!

Bjorn
BjornRiis

Re: Importing SampleTron into SampleTank CS 3

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:35 pm

You cannot get the SampleTron interface in ST3, but you should be able select [Edit] mode then adjust Envelope 1.

SampleTank 3 has two envelopes that can be used to shape the volume, tuning and filter frequency of the sound. Each envelope has a slider for (A)ttack, (H)old, (D)ecay, (S)ustain and (R)elease. All parameters are time-based except for Sustain which indicates a level where the envelope will remain until the key or sustain pedal is released.

5.7.1 - Envelope 1 to Level knob
This determines the output level of Envelope 1 which controls the volume of the sound. Because of its position in the signal flow, this knob can also be used as a master volume control for the instrument before it goes into the effect.

Check out the ST3 User Manual. It was installed when you installed the software and there is a downloadable PDF in your User Area / My Products too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Importing SampleTron into SampleTank CS 3

Postby BjornRiis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:32 pm

Worked! Thank you so much for the help!
BjornRiis

Re: Importing SampleTron into SampleTank CS 3 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm

You're welcome. :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More