SampleTank 4SE install questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4SE install questions

Postby craigik » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:34 pm

I am a little confused by the installation of SampleTank 4SE. Do I need to download and install everything from the "Sounds Download"? What about the "Sounds Library Update"? And it says I need to back up all these downloaded files and "Your sounds download access will expire in 180 days". Why will I lose access to these downloads if I have a license for the software?
craigik

Re: SampleTank 4SE install questions

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:57 am

Hello craigik

Yes, you should install and authorise the main app, then download and install all sound content files then library update files.

craigik wrote:And it says I need to back up all these downloaded files and "Your sounds download access will expire in 180 days". Why will I lose access to these downloads if I have a license for the software?

Once your sound downloads have expired, you will need to purchase a Download Reactivation Credit from the IK online store which will give you another 180 days to download any sound content you have. By backing up your sound content you will have the sounds accessible at any time in case you need to reinstall, especially useful if you have a slow internet connection.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby craigik » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks for the help. It still doesn't seem right to me that I may have to pay in the future to download the licensed content again if I don't store copies of these very large files somewhere.
craigik

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:08 pm

You would need to back up the sound library files. The charge to reactivate for another six months is cheaper than most cloud storage services would be to keep your backups.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More