Need help with patch changing SampleTank 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Need help with patch changing SampleTank 3

Postby dannyboyle2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi there, I am a musical director in theatre and I am trying to avoid paying over the odds for a Mac and Mainstage. I have SampleTank 3 and would like to use it in a performance capacity where I can switch through the sounds in a song by pressing a button on my MIDI controller, laptop or a foot switch. The exact same way I would on Mainstage - is there an easy solution to this?

I am not very clued up on MIDI signals etc, I am a musician first, tech second haha.
dannyboyle2

Re: Need help with patch changing SampleTank 3

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Inside of SampleTank 3 there is a LIVE page, this is a easy way to switch patches quickly live. Check your User Manual on Page 41 for an in-depth explanation. This can be found in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account under Related Downloads.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

The LIVE page will allow you to set "Songs" which are sets of MULTI instruments. Each of your Songs and MULTI instruments can be assigned a MIDI PC (Program Change) message in this tab. These kinds of messages are sent from your controller and go from 0 - 127. First you load a Song, then it's selected MULTI instruments. These instruments are all loaded to your RAM to allow for the fastest load times possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dannyboyle2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for you reply Ryan, does the manual include info on hows to assign a control to just switch through each sound? for example pressing A0 to cycle through sounds in order, and maybe Bb0 to return to the previous sound?

Kind regards
dannyboyle2

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, Note On/Off messages will not be able to switch your patches with SampleTank 3 on it's own. To accomplish this you would need third party software to convert these Note On/Off messages to MIDI Program Change messages.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dannyboyle2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Is it possible to do it via a note on my computer keyboard? I have Ableton and theres a tutorial on Youtube I will try to follow, just looking for the simplest way possible to change patches while playing live

thanks
dannyboyle2

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Using Ableton Live this may be possible, but unfortunately we would not have this information. Please contact Ableton Live support for more information on any solutions inside of Live.

https://www.ableton.com/en/contact-us/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More