Can ST4 import and play the Sonic Reality's loop libraries?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can ST4 import and play the Sonic Reality's loop libraries?

Postby armor » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:43 am

Can ST4 properly play loop libraries by Sonic Reality? Like Re tank and instrument expansions, i own some of this libraries and have been using them since day 1 until now, and it won't sync with ST3.

Some of the libraries i own - Trip Hop Beats, Hip Hop Grooves, World Grooves, Country Folk Rhythms, Dirty South Expansion, Vintage Rock, lots of them actually.
armor

Re: Can ST4 import and play the Sonic Reality's loop librari

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Nope, ST4 does not have an Import feature.

But, ST4 can load / use ST3 instruments (both ST4 and ST3 "sound engines" are built into the ST4 software). If you already have them working in ST3, then you should be able to add the ST3 library path to the Disk Paths in ST4's Preference Settings, rebuild the cache database and use them in ST4.

I am not sure what you meant by "and it won't sync with ST3". Can you clarify?

------------------------------
For other readers, there are a lot of SampleTank expansions on sale right now at
https://esoundz.com/landingpages/sampletank.php You'll need to install/authorise SampleTank Custom Shop (i.e. ST3) and Import them into the ST3 library, as many (all?) are in the ST2 instrument format. Oldies but goodies. Then add the ST3 library path in ST4's Settings, as above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby armor » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried importing the Sonic Reality libraries i mentioned into ST3. these are ST2 libraries and it won't sync properly with the main tempo of my DAW, Cubase 7 elements, even though the ST3 sync button is already on.

So, will ST4 load the Sonic Reality libraries i mentioned and sync its tempo properly?
armor

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:07 pm

.Fraid not.
Nope, ST4 does not have an Import feature.

As for the Sonic Reality libraries not syncing with your DAW, someone-else may chime in.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

Also, contact Sonic Reality support, here:
https://esoundz.com/tickets/index.php?a=add

Can you give a specific example of an instrument that is not working, what problems you are seeing / hearing so that other users (or Technical Support) can reproduce the problem?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:12 pm

AH, hold on a moment. You said that " i own some of this libraries and have been using them since day 1 until now". How were you using them? In ST2? And what has changed?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby gordryd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 pm

I have experienced the same problem of not being able to sync SR loop tempo to Cubase song tempo in ST4. The SR loops will only play back at the tempo indicated in the filename (i.e., DrumLoop_70bpm). Previously worked fine in ST3...
gordryd

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:17 pm

As above, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

Can you give a specific example of an instrument that is not working, what problems you are seeing / hearing so that other users (or Technical Support) can reproduce the problem?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More