Making use of the arp files in ST 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Making use of the arp files in ST 4

Postby lespierr2013 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Hello,

As I’ve had occasion to become intimately familiar with the directory structure of my ST4 install, I’ve noticed about 70 or so ARP files in the ARP program sub directory... About half of them have the same name as the arp programs (with a different extension) and the rest have names not matching any of the arp programs in that folder... is there a way to load/ use those other arps? (Or are they a vestige of an earlier build?)

Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to individually load arps other than the standard time signature ones (unless I’m missing something).
Last edited by lespierr2013 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
lespierr2013

Re: Making use of the arp filer in ST 4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Maybe they are for ST4 MAX instruments?

Can you post the names of a couple that work and a couple that don't?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Making use of the arp files in ST 4

Postby lespierr2013 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:43 am

Thanks again for the reply,

I've rewritten this reply completely just to keep it on a single topic.

All the ARPS that work are the ones with programs matching their name.

I have 34 programs and 67 arps in my ARP program folder... I'm now assuming those extra arps are part of programs only included in ST4 MAX (unless someone tells me regular ST4 should have more than 34 programs in the arp folder)

That being typed, if there's any way to access those (extra?) arps? ARPS like "80's or 90's", "A Bass Line" or "Dance Of Tomorrow" for instance (not their associated programs obviously... unless those programs should be there).

P.S. Other then that last question (and one I'm not pursuing), once I got all the content where the program wanted it (as opposed to, shall we say, where it wound up) ST4 has been great and I compliment the designers and programmers on their work.
lespierr2013

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More