Help needed with importing ST3 into ST4 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help needed with importing ST3 into ST4 [Resolved]

Postby vac713 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:37 am

Good evening everyone

I recently purchased ST4 Max, which comes with ST3 sounds. I cannot get the ST3 sounds to work. The ST3 sounds that I have are showing in the ST4 library but as "must be downloaded". I already downloaded and installed Parsons piano and Pearts drums but they still appear as "must be downloaded" in my ST4 library. Any assistance would be appreciated. I just purchased Miroslav 2 and Syntronik as well and I'm sure I'll have the same issue getting their sounds on ST4

Is it as simple as installing ST3, Miroslav and Syntronik first?
vac713

Re: Help needed with importing ST3 into ST4

Postby dlgebert » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:21 am

Sometimes you have to do a re-scan to have new content to show up. Here's from page 27 of the SampleTank 4 User Manual. I added some formatting to make it easier to read in this post.

Click the Sound Content tab to set the disk paths for SampleTank 4. You must specify where the SampleTank sound library content is stored on your hard disks. The hard disks may be internal or external. You may set multiple disk paths to allow content to be spread across multiple hard drives. The default disk path is User/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4. Click Add to navigate to a new location.

To remove a location, select the location in the Sound Content window, and then click Remove.

The Update button lets you modify an existing Sound Content location. Select the location in the Sound Content window, then click Update to modify the location. Once you have set all of your desired sound content locations, click the Rescan Instruments button to scan and rebuild your sound content database. This may take a little while if you have a large amount of sound content installed such as SampleTank 4 MAX.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby vac713 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback. One more question though. Do I have to install ST3, Miloslav and Syntronik first or can I just install their sounds, followed by your direction.
Thanks
vac713

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Short answer: no.

If you follow dlgebert 's advice you should be able to use the ST4 instruments and the ST3 instruments in ST4. Then you should be able to (download and) install the MP2 and Syntronik sounds into the ST3 folder. Double-check during their installation that the correct base folder is selected. They should end up as additional sub-folders within the SampleTank 3 folder hierarchy.

I have never done that, but if the MP2 and Syntronik files go into a different folder, then Technical Support will be able to sort you out.

Alternatively, raise a Support Ticket, here first for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vac713 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:50 pm

you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for the help.
vac713

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 pm

Please report back and let us know how it goes.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby vac713 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 pm

just as you described it. I was able to add ST3, MP2 and Syntronik all to ST4 with no more effort than the time it takes to install all the sounds
THanks again
vac713

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Good oh! :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More