If ST4 multis have missing progs, does that mean... [SOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

If ST4 multis have missing progs, does that mean... [SOLVED]

Postby lespierr2013 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Hello,

Would it be safe to assume that if an ST4 Multi reports some (or all) missing programs... AND those programs can not be found on the thumb drive content folder, the install directory content folder OR the content update downloadable; that those particular programs
are part of ST4 MAX (which is the next version above mine).

I'm asking because all my programs:

(except for spaceport add on [whose programs are nowhere to be found; and I'm not going to bother trying to figure out why in that particular case])

are now loading fine (after an earlier thread I started) and many of the Multis completely load too (except for the aforementioned ones that contain programs not in the program list to begin with or are in any of the content directories [installed, updated or otherwise])

... so again, would it be safe to assume that those particular MULTIS are calling on programs are part of ST MAX (which I do not own)?
lespierr2013

Re: If ST4 multis have missing progs, does that mean...

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:34 pm

SampleTank 4 will report all instruments which did not load in your MULTI. It normally will point to where it is looking for the files so you can see if the file is actually missing and if you need to install/reinstall any content. This error could be due to a missing file from installation, or a custom instrument using something you don't have installed.

What instruments are you missing from your MULTI instruments? Shoot me a PM and I can take a closer look to your particular case.

Check out this FAQ in the meantime. It goes over how SampleTank 4 'sees' and loads it's instruments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby lespierr2013 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:44 am

Ok thanks, I’ll pm per your directive.

It’ll take me a few days due to time constraints on my end but yeah, it was pretty easy for me to find Multis missing some or all their parts with error messages pointing to programs not listed in the program list or found on the ST 4 usb drive or install directories.

Please stand by.
lespierr2013

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm

lespierr2013,

Thank you for alerting me in a PM your issues are fixed and you're back to making music.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More