Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby tokenboomer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:36 pm

Promidi wrote:
tokenboomer wrote: SampleTank 4 and Modo Bass are the only software instruments in my system without midi learn functionality. ......... because you can't midi-learn with Syntronic.

To say that "SampleTank 4 and Modo Bass are the only software instruments in my system without midi learn functionality" is simply not true.

Right click on any knob or slider and a little menu pops up that has as its top item "MIDI Learn". I found this out by reading the manual and searching for the term "learn"

You also state "you can't midi-learn with Syntronic" - again, not true. Right click on a slider or knob and again, indeed you are presented with a similar menu that has as its top item "MIDI Learn"

I was able to use Syntronic's MIDI learn function to assign CC73 to the Attack component of an ADSR by clicking MIDI learn and then moving a slider on my MIDI controller. The function is definitely there.

Now I don't have Modo Bass, but it should be in the user guide.

It may do that on your machine but it does not do that on mine. Right clicking on a knob or slider on my machine only displays the value that knob is set at. It does not give me the option of midi learn even though the manual says that it does. Nor does right clicking on a macro control give me the option of midi learn. Perhaps this is a PC or VST option?
tokenboomer

Postby Promidi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:03 pm

tokenboomer wrote:It may do that on your machine but it does not do that on mine. ...Perhaps this is a PC or VST option?

My PC is a Windows10 machine. MIDI Learn is available on Stand alone and VST>

If the manual says it should, and it does not on your machine, then a lodging a support ticket with IK Multimedia support might be in order.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Just to confirm, you are using version 4.07 of Sampletank 4, yes?
Promidi

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Please give users the option of changing skins. That red skin on ST3 is very IK but also very ugly. Hard on the eyes.
auggybendoggy2

Postby richmn » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:59 pm

(Relates to Manual Section 7.1.5 "Set the Number of Steps in the Arpeggio")
Please expand the selection distance around the little red block you select and drag to increase the number of arpeggiator steps.

*It takes me many tries to grab the bar and move it to the right so I can add new steps. I feel like I am hunting for a singular pixel on the screen. Even when I see the cursor change to the 2 arrows for an instant, it's a game of chance to click in the right moment to drag it over! This is reproducible on Windows 10 and SampleTank 4.0.8 (9123).
richmn

Postby smallpotatos » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 am

WSStudios wrote:read through all, the following have not been cited [afaict]:

- a better selection lighting scheme for libraries so that it's obvious which ones are active.

- the top left buttons [for mixer, etc] moved down with bottom left buttons [for edit, fx...] so that all are on one line. i find accessing these tedious and counter-productive.

- shift-scroll is smooth in ST3, ST4 needs this implemented.

- an easier, more obvious way to access instruments/channels in edit mode. the current scrollbar is somewhat hidden.

- in mixer mode, the ability to go to library if the instrument icon is selected.

I also agree with those that say the contrast needs to be improved.

Almost everything is improved as far as visibility of icons/text, but one interface niggle I haven't seen yet: size of the font/menu list for Effects Rack Presets.
smallpotatos

Postby Dufay » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Color scheme..the current one is dark, depressing, and practically ineligible!
I think a lot of people have asked for this..can it be that hard to comply?
Dufay

Please Consider...

Postby - IK User - » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:03 am

Providing an option to change the size of the ST4 window. For example, as in Omnisphere's case where you can choose between different sizes with the magnify window option. I really like ST4, but it would be icing on the cake if there was an option to make the window smaller beyond its default size. And to clarify, not advocating getting rid of the bigger window, but an option to change sizes.
- IK User -

sample tank 4.0.9 in latch mode work not correct as other

Postby acdc2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 am

In latch mode the arp in sample tank 4 start always from beginning when press a new midi key. all other arps in latch mode continue the play at current step and only change the played notes.

please correct it or add a switch to have both modes if people like retrigger of arp in latch mode really.

it is also usefull when future sample tank have low key switches to choose 4 or more diffrent arp patterns because always the same pattern in song is not so exciting.
acdc2000

Postby acdc2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:22 pm

1. In the Zone Editor can switch trigger to bar. now when play chords the note start at next bar and when release earlier it continue play to next bar. so can chords play good realtime when no good keyboard player.this is a good feature.

EDIT: the phraser work too until end of bar.

but please allow this feature(maybe with a switch) when the arp or the strummer is enable too, so the arp or strummer does not stop when release the key between the bar too early.

2. latch mode on all arps i know does not retrigger the arp. in ST4 latch do retrigger and start on new keypress always sequence from beginning. other arp continue play on current step and only change the notes

3. the interface is very dark. i use a color calibratet monitor with xrite color munkey and good for eyes display brightness at 130 cd. then the grey text on grey background can not so good read. I understand that many people use the default monitor setting bad for eyes of 250 -350 cd. then of course can better see the text. so maybe a switch can add to choose for those who use calibrated displays

4. when use arp or phrase or strummer in latch mode the play should stop when press stop on DAW. I use 4.0.9 ST4 on studio one. there can only stop ST4 play when press play button on top of main st4 window twice.(1. to stop. 2. to enable later)
acdc2000

Postby Gaul » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Dufay wrote:Color scheme..the current one is dark, depressing, and practically ineligible!
I think a lot of people have asked for this..can it be that hard to comply?

Yes please, give us optional other color schemes, dark gray on black is somtimes very hard to read....

Another wish: drag'n'drop of WAV of loops from the groove player to the DAW.

Thanks
Gaul

Postby santhonyw » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 pm

PLEASE come up with a better way for Sampletank users to import their own .wav samples. Sample libraries are too large and extensive to have to name every single sample the way sample in a way that sampletank can read it. That’s just horrible and a daunting task. And quiet frankly, I’ve been using Sampletank since 2010 and I’ve never had any luck importing my own samples anyway. Just overhauling this one feature would be HUGE. I you guys listen and fix this.

We should just be able to seamlessly load our own .wav files similar to the way Kontakt and other samplers can. Would be a total game changer (especially from drum libraries out on the market).
santhonyw

Postby grem » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:17 pm

I didn't read the whole thread, so please forgive me if this has alrady been discussed.

I am installing ALL my IK content on my new build. And it is a major PITA. For example to install all the 67 sound library files I have to click each file 9 times! That's over 600 clicks!! That gets my wrist hurting from all that.

And I have already done pretty much the same thing with ST 2 and 3. But I could not do it all in one day. This is ridiculous.

IK ya'll got to get a better way to do this. And installation program that allows the user to decide where to put files would be a beginning. Also have options to install only the programs you want, not everything you own.
grem

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 pm

santhonyw wrote:PLEASE come up with a better way for Sampletank users to import their own .wav samples. Sample libraries are too large and extensive to have to name every single sample the way sample in a way that sampletank can read it. That’s just horrible and a daunting task. And quiet frankly, I’ve been using Sampletank since 2010 and I’ve never had any luck importing my own samples anyway. Just overhauling this one feature would be HUGE. I you guys listen and fix this.

We should just be able to seamlessly load our own .wav files similar to the way Kontakt and other samplers can. Would be a total game changer (especially from drum libraries out on the market).

We now have the SampleTank 4 Editor available to all who have SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, or SampleTank 4 MAX.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 pm

grem wrote:I didn't read the whole thread, so please forgive me if this has alrady been discussed.

I am installing ALL my IK content on my new build. And it is a major PITA. For example to install all the 67 sound library files I have to click each file 9 times! That's over 600 clicks!! That gets my wrist hurting from all that.

And I have already done pretty much the same thing with ST 2 and 3. But I could not do it all in one day. This is ridiculous.

IK ya'll got to get a better way to do this. And installation program that allows the user to decide where to put files would be a beginning. Also have options to install only the programs you want, not everything you own.

You should be able to choose your sound library location during the installation process for SampleTank 4.

Also, we are working on a new authorization and download manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby grem » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:54 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
You should be able to choose your sound library location during the installation process for SampleTank 4.

Also, we are working on a new authorization and download manager.

Sorry I wasn't more clear Peter. I meant the ability to chose a location in the NEW Installation program!! I agree a d/l manager would be nice too!! But having to install 67 different files just for ST4, (not counting ST 2 & 3) that's not really a very good process. :shock:

So I really was suggesting a new Installation Program.
grem

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More