Sampletank 4.0.9 causes cubase pro 10 to crash [RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4.0.9 causes cubase pro 10 to crash [RESOLVED]

Postby c10.2000 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm

I wrote support a week a go and still haven't get an answer. Perhaps it is very busy on this moment by ikmultimedia.

On this moment i work with SampleTank 3 because SampleTank 4 cause cubase pro 10 (.5 and 0.5) to crash.

SampleTank 4 is my main tool in projects and maybe someone is facing the same problem and has a fix.

Did try to reinstall SampleTank on my macbook (also tried te remove vst plugin en components in the library and reinstall). Also tried to go back to previous version. Nothing worked.

like to hear if someone has any tips to solve my problem.

Grtz, Pascal
c10.2000

Re: Sampletank 4.0.9 causes cubase pro 10 to crash

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Hello Pascal,

Please make sure you have installed both the latest SampleTank 4 from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account. Once you are sure of this, make sure your sound content has been updated. There are "Sound Library Updates" stored under the SampleTank 4 product in your My Products area.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

If this does not help, support is the best place for help. I see they have replied to you since your original post. Please keep an eye out for their next response. I have let them know about your issue.

Do note, this is a user-to-user discussion forum so this may not be the fastest place to get results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mgaitor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Just want to state that I'm having the same issue with ST 4.0.9 in Cubase Elements 10.5. ST 3 loads fine.
mgaitor

Postby c10.2000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi Ikmultimedia,

IkMultimedia is investigating it now. It can be very specific. If there is an fix for sample tank (max) 4.0.9 and cubase (pro) 10 i ask multimedia if i can share this on this forum.
c10.2000

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:44 pm

This may not be a global issue, that is for IK Support to determine by gathering any reports directly made to them about an issue and submitting to the developers if necessary.

Please open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so and they will get your issues resolved directly, be it something to do locally on your system or something that requires a full patch/hotfix/update.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby c10.2000 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:35 pm

After some research and trying things. It seems as if the crash problem has been solved with various plugins in cubase pro 10.5 in catalina. With this step :

MacOS 10.15.2
Go to : System Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Grant Disk Access
and add cubase pro 10.5

At this moment i can use all the plugins without crashes. I been testing this for about 1 hour

This week some longer tests with SampleTank 4.0.9, cubase pro 10.5 and catalina. Looks good so far, so luckily my projects can continue with sample tank 4
c10.2000

Postby Ryan_IK » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More