ST4: Input / Output?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4: Input / Output?

Postby Jiji Seven » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:50 am

[Mod Edit: split into its own thread]

Hello,
I just bought an irigKeys 49, after installing SAMPLETANK 4 on my Mac Pro, when I play the irigkey 49 I cannot hear any sound.My headphones are connected to irigkeys 49.Plz who can tell me how to do the audio output/Input in SampleTank 4 ?
Thanks!
Jiji Seven

Re: ST4: Input / Output?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Hello Jiji Seven and welcome to the forum.

I do not know OSX, but did you set up the MIDI Input and audio output in ST4's Settings? Do you need to set up those devices in OSX too?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Jiji Seven » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:29 pm

Hello DarkStar and thank you for your reply.
I clicked on SETTINGS in ST4 and set the AUDIO/MIDI.
For output device i set: IRIG KEYS IO 49
Left channel : FRONT LEFT
Right Channel: FRONT RIGHT
Sample rate: 44100
Buffer size:512
MIDI input: IRIG KEYS IO 49

In OSX for both input and out put I set: IRIG KEYS IO 49

But still ST4 is not working.I cannot hear any sound.Sometimes I can't even see any signal when I press on the keyboard.
Jiji Seven

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm

One for Technical Support, then ...

Please raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

Also, can you hear anything when you load an Instrument in ST4 and click its virtual keyboard?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

I can only play in track 1 in ST4?

Postby Jiji Seven » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:47 pm

Hello,
Merry Christmas and Happy new year.
I hope you are enjoying.
Plz I need help here, I loaded a sound in track 2 in ST4 but when I play it doesn't play.I tried also on track 3 still the same.Only track 1 can play.
I would like to know how I can play on any track I select to play in among the 8 tracks?

Thanks
Jiji Seven

Re: I can only play in track 1 in ST4?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:00 am

Jiji Seven wrote:Hello,
Merry Christmas and Happy new year.
I hope you are enjoying.
Plz I need help here, I loaded a sound in track 2 in ST4 but when I play it doesn't play.I tried also on track 3 still the same.Only track 1 can play.
I would like to know how I can play on any track I select to play in among the 8 tracks?

Thanks

Please make sure you set the MIDI channel for each instrument "track" in SampleTank 4 correctly. If you'd like to layer them all using one controller or MIDI track, you can set them to the MIDI channel that your controller or MIDI track is sending on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jiji Seven » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:18 am

Thank you Peter_IK
Plz can you guide me step by step how to set them?
The controller I am using is IRIGKEYS 49.
All I want is to load a sound in any track in ST4 and play, coz now its only track 1 that works.

Thanks
Jiji Seven

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:07 pm

In ST4 (and ST3 and other IK Multimedia products) you can load multiple instruments. For each one, you can set the MIDI Channel to which it responds. In this pic, the Acoustic Pop Kit is driven by MIDI notes on channel 01, Rock P Bass by MIDI notes on channel 02 and so on.

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/kB6PpYF.png

Let's assume that you are using the standalone ST4 program (as you have not mentioned any DAW or p[lug-in host).

Your keyboard is probably sending MIDI out on MIDI Channel 01. So only instruments that are set to respond to MIDI notes on channel 01 will make any sound. You have a few different approaches:

In ST4:
-- you can change the MIDI channel for each instrument, drag the number up/down?
-- make sure that only one instrument is set to channel 01
-- you can "layer" sounds too, set 2 or more instruments to channel 01 and they will all play.
More details are in the ST4 user manual.

On your keyboard:
-- you can change the MIDI Transmit Channel
-- here is the info for iRig KEYS 37
MIDI instruments can respond to 16 different MIDI channels. For iRig KEYS 37 to play an instrument, you need the iRig KEYS 37 MIDI Transmit Channel to match the receiving channel of your instrument.
To set the MIDI Transmit Channel:
• Enter EDIT mode (see beginning of Chapter 3).
• Press the D#2 key (MIDI CH). Both OCT buttons will flash.
• Enter the MIDI Channel number you need using the C3-E4 white keys marked from 0 to 9. Valid numbers are from 1 to 16, so when needed, you can enter two digits consecutively.
• Press the C5 key (ENTER/YES) to confirm your input. Both PROG buttons will flash to show the setting has been accepted, and iRig KEYS 37 will automatically exit EDIT mode.

More details are in the iRig KEYS user manual.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby obispojoe » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:57 am

Here's one other thing to check on OS X. Go to the security and privacy system wide preference pane. Here at the the top select privacy. On the left select microphone and make sure that sample tank is checked as having access to the microphone. You may need to unlock the preference pane in the lower left to make changes. These settings sometimes need to be reselected with an OS upgrade. This happened to me with Amplitube where suddenly I was getting no output to my audio interface (iRig HD 2) after having things work for over a year.
obispojoe

Postby Jiji Seven » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:25 am

Thank you all for your replies.

1. I tried to change the MIDI transmit channel by following the instructions mentioned in ST4 user manual, in stead of working I don't get any sound from any track I load an instrument on.Even the one (track no 1) which was working before, it doesn't work now.An other thing I realised, when I look at the virtual keyboard in ST4,some of its keys are highlighted and others are just as before.I don't know what it means.

2. obispojoe suggested to check on OS X if SampleTank 4 is checked as having access to the microphone.I checked but didn't see SampleTank 4.The only music software I found there is Logic Pro x which I use on OS X

Do you have some other suggestions?

Thanks
Jiji Seven

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm

You change the "MIDI Transmit Channel" on your keyboard, not in ST4. Check out the iRig Keys User Manual.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Jiji Seven » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Yes, I changed the "MIDI Transmit Channel" on my keyboard. I followed the instructions from the iRig Keys User Manual.But still it doesn't work.
Jiji Seven

Postby obispojoe » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Have you tried reinstalling SampleTank 4? It is odd that Logic Pro appears in the security preferences window and Sample Tank does not. On my machine Sample Tank appears where I indicated.
obispojoe

Postby Jiji Seven » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 pm

I deleted and reinstall sample tank 4 but it didn't help.

Please can you do a permissions check on SampleTank 4 files and the SampleTank 4.component file (the AU plugin).
To do so, go to Finder>Mac HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Components, locate the SampleTank 4 Compenent there, click "Get Info"
What are the permissions set to ? I want to see if the settings are the same with me.

Thanks!
Jiji Seven

Postby obispojoe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 am

Here are the permissions on SampleTank 4.component

system : Read & Write
wheel : Read Only
everyone : Read Only

I am using SampleTank 4.0.9 on Mojave 10.14.6
obispojoe

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More