Is there a learn mode with the Hammond BX3?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Is there a learn mode with the Hammond BX3?

Postby ianrussell1910 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:54 am

I can't see any learn mode link on screen that enables me to set keyboard functions to my controller (Roland A500 Pro). Does it exist if and if so how do I access it?
ianrussell1910

Re: Is there a learn mode with the Hammond BX3?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:47 pm

In the Settings menu (COG Wheel in the upper right) you can right click any MIDI CC to MIDI Learn it to your MIDI controller.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ianrussell1910 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:24 am

The 'cog wheel' only provides access to the rear panel of the virtual instrument with no access to any midi learn controls? Am I looking at the same panel?
ianrussell1910

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:12 pm

See this example, this should help.

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ianrussell1910 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks for the latest advice. I now have tried however the controller is not responding to the learn command eg I am trying to set the sliders on the controller to replicate the drawbars on the top keyboard. The keyboard on the controller can be used and picks up the organ settings fine. Nor sure what I can now try to get the controller linked in.
ianrussell1910

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:11 pm

ianrussell1910 wrote:Thanks for the latest advice. I now have tried however the controller is not responding to the learn command eg I am trying to set the sliders on the controller to replicate the drawbars on the top keyboard. The keyboard on the controller can be used and picks up the organ settings fine. Nor sure what I can now try to get the controller linked in.

Try using a tool like MIDI Wrench (macOS) or MIDI OX (Windows) to see what MIDI messages your controller is sending. This should help you find a solution.

http://www.midiox.com/

https://crudebyte.com/mobile/midi_wrench/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby JRedd77 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:02 pm

I'm having the same issue. I right-click, select "Learn" and the "MIDI Learn" popup is displayed, but when I move faders, knobs, etc. on my keyboard nothing happens. It doesn't "learn" and the popup stays there.

I'm running the BX3 in Studio One 5 and trying to map to an Impact LX88+. Some things do work based on preset values so I know that Studio One is receiving the MIDI but for whatever reason the BX3 is not.

It also doesn't work if I simply type in the values based on what Studio One says the CC value is for the faders/buttons.
JRedd77

Postby Wooot1899 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 pm

same Problem here (Studio One 5). I'm trying to map some controls to my Nord Stage. Studio One Midi Monitor recognizes all inputs but BX3 does not do anything when trying to learn Midi.
Wooot1899

Postby JRedd77 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:38 pm

I finally figured it out thanks to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7R-6tRn8WE
JRedd77

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More