New purchase ST4 Upgrade...install/loading questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

New purchase ST4 Upgrade...install/loading questions

Postby jodenmi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:30 am

Hey all, just upgraded to st4 from my ST3 .

I have all my ST3 sounds on separate HDD, it is also where I will point the installer to for the ST4 sounds.

1.Now, if I do this will the installer "see" all the existing ST3 sounds (that are identical in 4) and hence not re-install them and only install the new sounds? Or I will I need to manually edit after the install?

2.OR, would it be better (if indeed it is possible) to "cherry-pick" only those ST4 sounds that are not already in ST3 prior to downloading? Or wilol I need to manually edit both libraries after download.

Thanks
jodenmi

Re: New purchase ST4 Upgrade...install/loading questions

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:52 pm

It's easier than that - as ST4 support multiple disk paths and will load ST3 instruments directly, no Import needed. (ST4 actually has two sounds engines - one for the ST4 instruments and one for the ST3 instruments.)

Let's say that your ST3 sounds library is in "X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3". Create a new folder "X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" and install all the ST4 library files into there.

Then in ST4's Preference Settings, select both folders as the Disk Paths.

The sounds installers are not intelligent and will not weed out any duplicates. You'll need to do that yourself. But your projects using ST3 may expect to find all the instruments still in that library.

For more info: the contents of the ST4 libraries are in PDFs at the bottom of this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
And info on the ST4 installation is in FAQs #1235 and 1239
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=sampletank-4#st4
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: New purchase ST4 Upgrade...install/loading questions

Postby jodenmi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Cool! I'll do that...you are correct that IS easy haha! Thanks
jodenmi