Best midi controller for drawbars on B-3X?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Best midi controller for drawbars on B-3X?

Postby moeyjelotti » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:22 pm

What midi controller or keyboard is working the best to play live with? Can you program the Nord Electro 6D to control the drawbars in the B-3X plug in?

I found the cc numbers ...

DB 1 thru 9
CC # 16 thru 24

Rotary Speed
CC 108

I'll have to experiment!
moeyjelotti

Re: Best midi controller for drawbars on B-3X?

Postby moeyjelotti » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 am

I went ahead and changed the CC #'s in the plug in to match the Nord drawbar CC #'s and it worked fine. I saved my patch as Default. After quitting the B-3X app, I restarted and opened it up again, and it went back to the factory settings for the drawbar CC #'s ...

So, my question is how do we keep the changes in the drawbar CC #'s from reverting back?

Thanks,
It's awesome when it works, but then you have to manually do it every time you use the app.
Not happening.

Hopefully iK tech will read this and have a solution. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I went through all the pages and didn't see anything that gave me a clue.

I think there needs to be a user set of keyboard controllers to go in where they have a choice between SK and XK Hammond keyboards, unless of course if they want to keep this proprietary to just Hammond players.

I do have an XK-1C on the east coast, and when I'm there in a couple of weeks, I'll experiment with that controller.

Ok ... later.
:D
moeyjelotti

Re: Best midi controller for drawbars on B-3X?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 pm

It would be best to add your request to the Official thread:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22351

Or, if the "Default" patch setting is meant to be loaded when the software starts, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More