RESOLVED: Installed Spaceport 77 and Library is not found

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

RESOLVED: Installed Spaceport 77 and Library is not found

Postby thebeeze111 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 am

I have to start off by saying this: those of us who preordered ST4 and griped through the installation process all said "IK FIX THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND DIRECTORIES".

Here we are now, what, almost a year later? I download Spaceport 77 and do the installer, carefully selecting my directory where all of my other files are. Spaceport samples work fine but ST4 cannot locate any of my normal ST4 files..... I have the program set to read about 5 different directories.

I get this error: Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'E:/ST4/SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1/SampleTank 4 Sound Content/Samples/Spaceport 77/Samples/SampleTank 4/Electric Pianos/1973 Stage Electric Piano/1973 Stage Electric Piano.pak'.

Why the hell is ST4 looking in the spaceport directory to find the 1973 Stage electric piano.....? And why did installing one sound library make all of my other libraries want to be found in a different directory now???

Was hoping tonight would be a productive night of tracking and now I'll spend hours debugging this crap..... I am beyond disappointed that after all this time, these errors are still happening. An answer other than "Open a ticket" (and wait days) would be nice.
thebeeze111

Re: Installed Spaceport 77 and Library is not found

Postby dlgebert » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 am

thebeeze111 wrote:I get this error: Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'E:/ST4/SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1/SampleTank 4 Sound Content/Samples/Spaceport 77/Samples/SampleTank 4/Electric Pianos/1973 Stage Electric Piano/1973 Stage Electric Piano.pak'.

I installed Spaceport '77 and after the instruments indexing was completed I tried out several of the new instruments and they worked fine. I saw your post and I verified that I was able to load the "1973 Stage Electric Piano" instrument without a problem, so this is not a global issue.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Note that you also have to authorize it using the serial number you find in your IK User Area.

Sorry to hear you have had other issues but our support team does a good job responding to and fixing issues and they may have to look at your issue (which they happily will do). Sorry that it can be frustrating when you have issues and have to wait for assistance but I assure you they will be able to figure out what is happening in your case.

Also note that opening a ticket is going to be the appropriate answer in cases that require direct technical support (see above where the library is installed and working correctly, as others have also reported) as this is not a technical support forum as stated in the rules linked at the top of every page and which were agreed to upon signup.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:49 pm

Peter,

Thanks for the response. I know this isn't a technical support forum, but during the initial installation we all found the forum to be a lot more useful than opening tickets as we all were able to compare data.

In this case it took me about an hour last night to figure out what the issue was. After installing the files, ST4 defaulted to the spaceport directory for some reason. As soon as I deleted the spaceport directory from the list of directories ST4 would read, all of my other samples worked but then space port wouldn't. So I had to manually move those files into a new separate directory on my drive and manually add the directory to the list of locations that ST4 would look at.

I still think there has got to be a better installation process than this, especially for those of us sticking the samples on a separate SSD.

You can probably close this thread if need be.
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:22 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More