Hammond B-3X Leslie vs T-RackS Leslie

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B-3X Leslie vs T-RackS Leslie

Postby pacificm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Hammond B-3X and T-RackS Leslie. At first I was considering purchasing T-RackS Leslie. But, then I learned more about Hammond B-3X and just purchased that. So far I have not purchased T-RackS Leslie.

My question is whether the Leslie which is a part of Hammond B-3X is as good and fully featured as that of T-RackS Leslie or are there reasons to also purchase T-RackS Leslie and use it with Hammond B-3X?

Is the Hammond B-3X Leslie just as good as the T-RackS Leslie?

Please advise.

Thanks!
pacificm

Re: Hammond B-3X Leslie vs T-RackS Leslie

Postby dlgebert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 am

pacificm wrote:Is the Hammond B-3X Leslie just as good as the T-RackS Leslie?

I have all three, the Amplitube version, the T-RackS 5 version and the Hammond B-3X version, and at the least it's equal, but the Hammond version to me seems richer sounding, but that could be because of the organ as well.

If you just want the Leslie for the Hammond, the one that came with it is more than ok IMHO... 8-)

Dave
dlgebert

Postby pacificm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Thanks for your response and taking the time to do so!
pacificm

Postby ThomasKorthals » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I have the B-3X software and I want to use the Leslie alone with an external
sound engine like Hammond SK2 or Viscount Legend.
Is this possible?
ThomasKorthals

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:00 pm

ThomasKorthals wrote:I have the B-3X software and I want to use the Leslie alone with an external
sound engine like Hammond SK2 or Viscount Legend.
Is this possible?

The Leslie in Hammond B-3X is built in and does not function as a standalone/FX-only unit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby normhart2000 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:49 am

I'm thinking of getting the Amplitube or T-RackS Leslie with the intention of using it with B3-X as a second Leslie i.e. 'dual' Leslies. Is this a viable way to get that effect?
normhart2000

Postby dlgebert » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:27 pm

normhart2000 wrote:Amplitube or T-RackS Leslie with the intention of using it with B3-X as a second Leslie

If you want a second Leslie just to use with the Hammond B-3X, I would go with the T-RackS 5 version. That would be the most transparent being it is a dedicated Leslie effect.

With Amplitube, it would be kind of be like plugging your organ into a guitar amplifier just to get to the effect. You also would have worry about mono vs stereo routing in Amplitube and bypassing the stompboxes, etc., just to get to the Leslie cabinet.

This commentary is based on you wanting only the Leslie effect. If you wanted to use Amplitube 4 for other things, or you already have Amplitube 4, you might want to try that as well.

But, if you strictly just want a second Leslie, I'd go with the T-RackS 5 version. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have all three, the Amplitube version, the T-RackS 5 version and the Hammond B-3X version.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby normhart2000 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:19 pm

Thank you Dave, T-rackS it is, then.
normhart2000

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:28 pm

^^^^
Remember that you can try them both out using the Custom Shop.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby normhart2000 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 am

Thanks. There might be some cases where Amplitube Leslie would be an option. I’ve got some Jampoints built up I can use.
normhart2000

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More