Hammond B-3X: Can't get Lower Manual to play

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B-3X: Can't get Lower Manual to play

Postby Blazer9 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm using Ableton Live 10. The B-3X upper manual is set to midi channel 1 and the lower manual to midi chanel 2. I'm transmitting on midi chanel 2 from my controller keyboard yet it's playing the upper manual not the lower. If I switch the B-3X lower manual midi channel to 1 then it does play the lower manual even though I'm transmitting channel 2 from my controller (also set the ableton track to only receive channel 2). So no matter what channel comes into ableton it seems to be telling the B-3X plugin to play midi channel 1.

Thanks for any help.
Blazer9

Re: Hammond B-3X: Can't get Lower Manual to play

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think that you are halfway there with your diagnosis. It seems like Live is forcing the MIDI from your keyboard controller onto MIDI channel 01. I do not know Live but someone-else may chime in with some guidance.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

-----------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers' etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kwasiole » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Has anyone solved this yet?? I am losing my mind over this :lol: thanks!
kwasiole

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm

kwasiole wrote:Has anyone solved this yet?? I am losing my mind over this :lol: thanks!

If you are not able to assign MIDI channels for each manual as is the normal setup in Hammond B-3X, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support as suggested above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More