Hi friends-Nashville guy needs some help installing Miroslav

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hi friends-Nashville guy needs some help installing Miroslav

Postby eddieksongs » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi all-
I'm a little bewildered-can't wait to try the Miroslav Philharmonik 2, but I'm having trouble installing it on my MBP running 10.13.6
Do I need to install Sampletank first in order for this to work?
If there is a step by step, easy to follow video tutorial on installation, could someone post the link? I'd love to figure this out myself, but I'ts got me scratching my head.
Cheers-!
eddieksongs

Re: Hi friends-Nashville guy needs some help installing Miro

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Hello eddieksongs and welcome to the forum.

No, you do not need to install SampleTank first.

Without any details of what you have done so far, we would only be guessing and could give you a lot of redundant / irrelevant info.

In summary, the process is:
-- download and install the MP2 program (and the included Custom Shop and authorization Manager programs)
-- start the MP2 standalone program and Authorise it (via the Authorisation Manager)
-- create a folder to the MP2 Sounds Library, something like:
D:/Sounds/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 (yes make "SampleTank 3" the last part of the name)
-- in MP2's Preference Settings, set the disk path for the Sounds Library to that folder,
-- download all of the Sounds Library downloads,
-- extract and run each sounds installer. one at a time, each should selected the folder you named in the Preference Settings.

These FAQs should help too
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1235
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=miroslavphilharmonik2#st3
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby eddieksongs » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:28 am

Thanks-what's the best way to erase the program and start from scratch? I've downloaded the MP2 program, authorized, downloaded the sound sets, downloaded and unzipped the sound update files, but no luck. I'm really stuck on this one.
eddieksongs

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:09 am

OK, so it sounds like you have done the first two steps (and the fifth) that I outlined.

Now try running the MP2 standalone program and do the steps 3 and 4, to create and point to the folder for the sounds library.

Then do step 6, for each of the sounds download files: you've already unzipped the download (.zip?) file. Run the installer and it should install its folders and files into the folder you nominated.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More