Some ST samples are not velocity sensitive...?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Some ST samples are not velocity sensitive...?

Postby binnick » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi there.

I'm brand new to SampleTank, which I bought specifically for the gospel choir samples. All of the various gospel choirs are stuck at one (seemingly high) velocity. Meaning that no matter how hard or soft I hit a key, I hear the same sample at the same volume. I can't find anywhere to adjust this, which can't be right...? This seems to only apply to the choir instruments that were brought over from ST3 to ST4. The ones that are new to ST4 work as I'd expect them to.

I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
binnick

Re: Some ST samples are not velocity sensitive...?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Hello binnick and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, for a definitive answer, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one advice (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

I've just checked a couple in ST3 - some (e.g the Gospel Choir ones) are not velocity-sensitive there either. In ST3, I can [Edit] the instrument and set Velocity / Amp to, say, +30. Try that.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby binnick » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks DarkStar - that's really helpful. I wasn't quite understanding the functionality of that velocity/amp slider. Shame that it seems like there aren't any velocity mapped layers but that advice makes it at least usable!
binnick

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm

The User Guide should cover it.
ST3 User Manual wrote:Velocity to Amp knob
This controls how velocity will affect the AmpliTube (or volume) of the sound. Higher values give a greater range of soft-to-loud depending on the velocity played.

IK Multimedia FAQs wrote:Where can I locate my product manual?
Once your product is Registered, you can view/download the User Manual from your User Area > My Products > product name > PDF Manuals.

A .pdf manual is installed during installation of the software itself. You will find this manual stored on your hard drive in the locations below:

For Mac:
Mac HD > Library > Documentation > IK Multimedia > (product name) >
Note that with later versions of Mac OS X there are two Library folders. Please be sure you are looking in the correct one at the root of your hard drive, not under your user directory.

For PC:
C: > Program Files > IK Multimedia > (product name) >
or
C: > Program Files> IK Multimedia > (product name) >
On Windows, there should also be a shortcut in [Start Menu] >> All Programs >> IK Multimedia >> ...
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More