B3x slows everthing in Logic Pro [RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B3x slows everthing in Logic Pro [RESOLVED]

Postby dljinbflo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Any advice to getting B3X to perform better in Logic Pro It slows every parameter down (freezes) when I load it as a software instrument in Logic. Using latest version of Logic on an iMac 8mb memory, OS Mojave.
dljinbflo

Re: B3x slows everthing in Logic Pro

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Check your Activity Monitor to make sure you're not pulling too many resources from your system. Click the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner and type "Activity Monitor" to find this.

If your issue is with resources, you could always update your system accordingly (If your issue is with CPU, a better processor would help, If this is with Memory you can try to add more RAM, if your issue is with disk maybe a newer SSD or faster HDD would help.) . Another option is lessening the resources you are using. Try bouncing any tracks you don't need to edit in real time. The original track can then be muted and the plug-ins deactivated.

The Sweetwater macOS/Windows optimization guide is also an excellent tool.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ma ... imization/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mathiaston » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:53 pm

I am experiencing the same issue on 2 x3.33 ghz 6 core 64 g ram . the machine never breaks a sweat for any amount of tracks, but if I open the plugin on one track and am viewing the plugin for editing I always get the pinwheel spinning if I attempt any movement inside logic. ie if I want to move cycling area on track. If I edit the plugin itself I have no issue. I tried this with just one single track inside logic and it's the same issue. I have no problem with any other plugin.btw I love the plugin.
mathiaston

Postby dljinbflo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:50 pm

That is exactly what is happening to my system. I agree with the Last poster. No need to buy new hard drive or upgrade my memory. All my other plugins work except your B3x ????
dljinbflo

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:57 pm

dljinbflo wrote:Using latest version of Logic on an iMac 8mb memory, OS Mojave.

What year/processor dljinbflo?

I've just had B3X v1.1 open in Logic on my Mac Mini (all specs in sig) and had no issues as you or mathiaston describe. MIDI loop playing a chord progression and I can chop and change parameters and even whole presets without a hiccup.

Obvious differences here may be OS and Logic version, but my machine is now a fairly modest spec compared to some. I was just about pushing 50-60% of one thread in Logic with no glitches, beach balls or lock ups with an I/O Buffer of 64 samples.

Best suggestion would be to open a ticket with IK Support for some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mathiaston » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:23 pm

My issue was not making changes in the plugin but in logic while plugin was open and on top. With or without midi in play mode.
mathiaston

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Sorry mathiaston, I can see you said that now.

Just tried again though, with a fairly heavy multitracked project, with B3x being the only MIDI plugin. Again no issues, this time with manipulating other elements of Logic while the GUI is open eg. other insert plugins parameters, changing cycling area, changing from mixer to arrange page. In fact, the only issue I have is that the B3x GUI is a bit sluggish to open (2-3 secs) but that's not surprising given the age of my system.

Sorry to hear you are having problems though. Definitely a ticket to IK Support will be your best bet.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:42 pm

mathiaston wrote:My issue was not making changes in the plugin but in logic while plugin was open and on top. With or without midi in play mode.

dljinbflo wrote:That is exactly what is happening to my system. I agree with the Last poster. No need to buy new hard drive or upgrade my memory. All my other plugins work except your B3x ????

If you guys are still having issues, like garfy mentions, it would be best to contact support. They are best equip to help you figure out why you are having issues.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Make sure in the meantime to update to Version 1.1.0 if you haven't. Grab the download from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mathiaston » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 pm

No need to contact support, I didn't know there was a newer version. All is very well now. Thanks for the help! 8-)
mathiaston

Re: B3x slows everthing in Logic Pro [RESOLVED]

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Nice!

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More