B-3X Dual Leslies

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B-3X Dual Leslies

Postby normhart2000 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:15 am

Can B-3X and T-RackS Leslie be used to simulate a dual Leslie setup? I already have B-3X and looking into T-RackS Leslie if this can be done.
normhart2000

Re: B-3X Dual Leslies

Postby dougs.ik » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:45 pm

If you have a VST host and a decently powerful computer you can run the VST twice.

https://community.cantabilesoftware.com ... e/3330/484
dougs.ik

Postby normhart2000 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:12 am

Thank you for the info. I’m using a 2018 Mac Mini with 8gb and a 6-core i5 running at 3ghz. It runs B-3X quite well. I’m not recording with it yet so I’m using B-3X mostly in a standalone mode for the purpose of just getting my own presets set up and familiarizing myself with the features

. I see there are two versions of the Leslie software - Amplitube and T-RackS. I’m having some issues getting the T-RackS Custom Shop to update so I’m looking more towards Amplitube Leslie. I understand this is what’s basically in B-3X, is that right?

Thanks again.
normhart2000

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Did you post about the T-RackS problem(s) that you run into?

Also, could you clarify what you mean by "dual Leslie"? And which DAW you are using?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby normhart2000 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:31 pm

DarkStar wrote:Did you post about the T-RackS problem(s) that you run into?

Also, could you clarify what you mean by "dual Leslie"? And which DAW you are using?

No, I haven’t yet. The error had to do with a message saying that the software was out of date and to download and install the latest version. I downloaded and installed with no problems but continued to get the same message to update.

By dual Leslies, I mean trying to replicate the sound I used to get back when I used hardware Leslies. I had two 122 cabs with different rotor speed settings that gave me a sound I liked. I also wanted to play with different combinations of Leslie models or amps to see if could get interesting effects. I realize the B-3X or Leslie software alone can do match-ups but only with cabs and amps- not with entire units.

As for the DAW, I use (or will be using) Cubase. As I mentioned, I’m running the software in a standalone mode currently as I’m working on some custom presets and learning my way around the settings.
normhart2000

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Understood.

Re T-RackS version, the Leslie plug-in needs TR5 v5.1.0 or later (and, just for info, the Tape Machines, need 5.2.0 or later). Double-check that you have an appropriate version. Oddly, I'm on TR5 5.1.1 here but that is not listed in the "Past Releases" in my User Area. Anyway, rasie a Support Ticket and Technical Support will sort you out.

As for the dual Leslies (I just had a flashback to "duelling banjos ;)) that sounds like you were running them in parallel and combining their outputs.

I do not know Macs but I guess there is some way of virtually wiring the different programs together. I think that you might be able to load 2 Leslie FX in B-3X but they would be in series, one after the other. In AmpliTube there are 2 signal paths so you may be able to parallel the Leslies in there, using the "dry" audio from the B-3X.

To me the easiest way would be to use a DAW or plug-in chainer and route the audio in there as you wish.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby normhart2000 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve never tried this before so I wasn’t quite sure how to go about it.

While we’re on the topic of Leslies, I was reading the descriptions of the 122 and 147 cabinets and noticed something that got my attention. It mentions a ‘slightly shorter cabinet’ when referring to the 147 vs. the 122. I’ve never heard this before as I’ve used both in the past. I looked up the cab dimensions and found them to be identical 49x29x21.Could they have been thinking of the 145? The 145 has a 147 amp as there's no such thing as a 145 amp. Definitely a shorter cab (although not quite ‘slightly’).
normhart2000

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More