hammond b-3x not listening to midi/usb controller [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

hammond b-3x not listening to midi/usb controller [Resolved]

Postby musicbookings » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:29 pm

MAudio Keystation 88, works with Logic and Mainstage but when playing the only time the hammond B-3 X responds is when I push the arrow buttons on top, it plays some upper notes. Also responds to volume change, just no keys. Why dat is? The program sounds amazing and worth every dollar, if I can get it to work of course.
musicbookings

Re: hammond b-3x not listening to midi/usb controller

Postby musicbookings » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:23 pm

The problem was solved:
i am using an M Audio Key station 88 , it requires power which it can get form the USB on the computer. When using the USB to the computer to transmit the midi data it doesn't recognize the signal and would not play. When using external 9V power on the keyboard and running a MIDI to USB cable the stand alone Hammond B3 X works just fine. Hope this helps someone who may be having the same problem. Macbook Pro 2012. No latency as I have switched out the hard drive with a solid state. And Im only running 2x4 ram . zero latency.
musicbookings

Re: hammond b-3x not listening to midi/usb controller [Resol

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:44 pm

As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More