ST3 Crashing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3 Crashing

Postby gmartinius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:46 am

I have just started having problems with ST3- again- this has happened before. I recently wiped drive and started over clean- had a virus couldn't get rid of- so had to wipe a well over 1.5 tb internal drive and iMac- yeah- loads of fun

ST3 has been working fine- now all of a sudden it crashes Logic- I have one project I can't even open- soon as it tries to load ST3- crash.

Standalone crashes - etc. I can option click on ST3- open Mac content and open ST3 in content folder which opens terminal

it does come up with error message but does load- can't attach screen shot- F$$%!!!
gmartinius

Re: ST3 Crashing

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:09 am

From what you have posted it sounds like some installation issues, after the starting over.

Please raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

And, for posting images: please see
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gmartinius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:44 pm

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both ST3 and T-Racks and also reinstalled OSX on my Imac- still issues exists

Again- I had this issue previously and wiped my drive- reinstalled everything and they both worked fine for awhile?? Now again T-Racks can not find presets and ST3 shutdownsas soon as standalone opens

I have contacted Apple and have gone tru all trouble shooting as far as my computer is concerned and everything checks out- I have no other issues with any other third party stuff

Last time I contacted tech support about same issues they had no resolve- There is a report generated when ST3 crashes- seems like they should be able to figure it out from that report??
gmartinius

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:57 pm

I'm sure with the information you provide IK Support can assist. If you have a ticket with which you were not satisfied please PM that to me or Ryan_IK. In this case, please work with them and I'm sure they can get you working like many others are with SampleTank.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gmartinius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 pm

so far that hasn't been the case- I had the same issue before and Ik tech guy said there was nothing else they could do/. Now I wiped drive started over- they both worked for awhile - now ST3 crashes on opening- crashes ;logic and t-racks has no presets showing - again

Emailed support last night- I have not heard anything back yet
gmartinius

Postby Promidi » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:14 am

Have you considered the possibility that you may have faulty hardware - maybe a flaky hard disk or even ram. Does the Imac have logs that can help you troubleshoot?
Promidi

Postby gmartinius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:07 pm

I had apple support go thru everything and they claim computer is not the problem
The IK stuff only third party software giving me problems- and I have a good bit of other stuff

Thx
gmartinius

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I'm sure with the information you provide IK Support can assist. If you have a ticket with which you were not satisfied please PM that to me or Ryan_IK. In this case, please work with them and I'm sure they can get you working like many others are with SampleTank.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More