Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby reuelt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:31 am

Ryan_IK wrote:Since in the software, each inverted key has a preset that can be edited, there is no need for these additional drawbars.

Hi Ryan
Please consider improving the PRESET SYSTEM then.
The Preset system will need to be divisional (allow change upper or lower manual only) rather than only global preset change.

One possible way:-
A new version of B-3X preset system would read the factory default always before loading the User default preset.
The XLM file parsing program should first read the latest Drawbarpresets currently loaded
and then be able to skip over
missing section of:-
<upperDrawbarPresets CurrentPreset="?"
<upperDrawbar>
Or
missing section of:-
<lowerDrawbarPresets CurrentPreset="?"
<lowerDrawbar>

- in the B3XP file,
hence allowing users to just change ONLY Upper drawbar or Only lower manual drawbar retaining what was last loaded (or if none was ever loaded - the factory defaults upper or lower drawbar values).

As it is, the preset loading program will just FREEZE if sections are missing!

Reuel
reuelt

Postby ChokDK » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 pm

A preset list with no presets as default...
It's really a confusing way to do it :?
PLEASE consider to make a video of this in the documentation (with MIDI calls for Program Change).
Also a volume pr. lower/upper would be really nice.
And the above suggestion :)

EDIT: A READ of your own PC names copied into the Preset list .txt file would also help a lot for calling the presets later.
As always, a IOS hard reset can do wonders too.
Hammond B-3X IOS group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HammondB3X/
ChokDK

Postby reuelt » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:28 am

ChokDK wrote:A preset list with no presets as default...
It's really a confusing way to do it :?
PLEASE consider to make a video of this in the documentation (with MIDI calls for Program Change).
Also a volume pr. lower/upper would be really nice.
And the above suggestion :)

EDIT: A READ of your own PC names copied into the Preset list .txt file would also help a lot for calling the presets later.

The preset system is user-based
All the B3XP files (in WIndows system) reside in
This PC\Documents\IK Multimedia\Hammond -3X\Presets
So, if you do not want presets as defaults - just move those files somewhere else.
But it is better to leave them there and add numbers in front for your OWN presets file names
e.g. 1-0 Liturgic new.b3xp
1-1 Theatre.b3xp
2-0 Solo + Choir
etc.
The first number is the bank and the second number the 9 buttons (0-8) on my MIDI Controller keyboard.
So I can assign up to 10 (1-10) banks of 9 presets (0-8) each
With one or more buttons push, I can load my own presets without using the mouse,
the preset system is already very good for saving or loading GLOBAL presets. What is needed is the ability to load divisional (only upper or lower drawbar only) presets.
Hope it helps.
Reuel
reuelt

Postby danwat1234 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 am

Midi Controllers section, crazy idea. Instead of needing to use a MIDI controller to send CC numbers to manipulate controls on the organ, have the ability to use notes. I am using a Yamaha DXG-650 keyboard, has 88 keys. So I have 12 keys at the top I could use to assign to organ controls. And/or option to bind to computer keyboard keys/key combos.

EDIT: 8-19-2020; I may just not be finding it, but feature to have built-in ability to record MIDI data and audio output while playing the organ without needing any other software running.

EIDT 8-20-2020; Ability to change organ configuration profile between a few select ones more easily than searching thru the drop down list. Have perhaps 3-4 buttons (or computer keyboard shortcut) so one can press while playing so could change from overdriven rock Hammond to more stock config etc instead of just limited to drawbar config keys. I know, there's about a 2 second delay for loading full config but still.. and a super high clocked 5GHZ computer it would be quicker, perhaps sub 1 second.

EDIT 8-31-2020; Ability to export profiles/organ settings in case you want the settings on a new copy of the program on another computer, or to backup.
danwat1234

feature request

Postby chriscorso » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:27 pm

Love the B3-X and have sung it's praises in many forums. After using the the B-3 x "Xtensively" :) for several hundred shows and tons of sessions, two things have become needed for me:

1. I wish the Leslie gain control was accessible in the consolidated drawbar view. As it is, I've got it mapped when using Mainstage, but for the times I'm using other controllers, would be great to have a visual plus direct easy access. Many of us need to change distortion/gain settings throughout a performance, and having to tab to the Leslie page is cumbersome.

2. Begging the coders please: Multiple user presets for controllers. Grateful you provided midi/cc mappings, and the various Hammmond controller mappings. But having just one user custom mapping is inadequate. In a given month, and depending on the gig or session: I might be using Nord Electro/Stage, Hammond XK3C, SKX, and many other generic controllers to control the B3x. For the non-Hammonds, I have to modify assignments each time I switch. It would be great to be able to store multiple controller user presets. Users could share their custom mappings in the forum for folks using other brands of controllers, clone-wheels, or control surfaces.

Thanks very much
Cheers,
Chris C
chriscorso

Postby chriscorso » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 pm

Love the B3-X and have sung it's praises in many forums. After using the the B-3 x "Xtensively" :) for several hundred shows and tons of sessions, two things have become needed for me:

1. I wish the Leslie gain control was accessible in the consolidated drawbar view. As it is, I've got it mapped when using Mainstage, but for the times I'm using other controllers, would be great to have a visual plus direct easy access. Many of us need to change distortion/gain settings throughout a performance, and having to tab to the Leslie page is cumbersome.

2. Begging the coders please: Multiple user presets for controllers. Grateful you provided midi/cc mappings, and the various Hammmond controller mappings. But having just one user custom mapping is inadequate. In a given month, and depending on the gig or session: I might be using Nord Electro/Stage, Hammond XK3C, SKX, and many other generic controllers to control the B3x. For the non-Hammonds, I have to modify assignments each time I switch. It would be great to be able to store multiple controller user presets. Users could share their custom mappings in the forum for folks using other brands of controllers, clone-wheels, or control surfaces.

Thanks very much
Cheers,
Chris C
chriscorso

Postby dougs.ik » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm

+1 on Chris Corso's feature requests. Leslie gain knob on main interface (I also have it mapped to my Axiom but it would be nice to see on main interface. Multiple controller presets seems like an easy to add feature that would be very very helpful.
dougs.ik

Postby knelt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:36 am

I would really appreciate a simple "right click midi learn" function. Almost all of your other products have that. Why not this one?
knelt

Postby Adamcw89 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi, this is a great app. I would like it if you could choose which part of the manuals are included when you split them across one keyboard, as the lower manual part is a bit too bassy for chord work, and it would be nice to be able to play the higher notes of the lower manual while still having a good amount of upper manual too. So if we could please have a way of choosing a 'from and to' range for both the lower and upper manual, that would be great!
Cheers
Adamcw89

Re: feature request

Postby dougs.ik » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:37 pm

chriscorso wrote:2. Begging the coders please: Multiple user presets for controllers. Grateful you provided midi/cc mappings, and the various Hammmond controller mappings. But having just one user custom mapping is inadequate.

+1 on Chris' request for multiple controller mappings
dougs.ik

Postby boded33 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:40 pm

I'd like to just pull the Leslie and add it to another track without organ simulation without purchasing the separate Leslie software. Direct VST plug-in like an effect without MIDI set up.
boded33

Re: feature request

Postby reuelt » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:51 am

chriscorso wrote:2. Begging the coders please: Multiple user presets for controllers. Grateful you provided midi/cc mappings, and the various Hammmond controller mappings. But having just one user custom mapping is inadequate. In a given month, and depending on the gig or session: I might be using Nord Electro/Stage, Hammond XK3C, SKX, and many other generic controllers to control the B3x. For the non-Hammonds, I have to modify assignments each time I switch. It would be great to be able to store multiple controller user presets. Users could share their custom mappings in the forum for folks using other brands of controllers, clone-wheels, or control surfaces.

Thanks very much
Cheers,
Chris C

Here is a workaround:
If you are using Windows or Mac, you can always create another windows or mac user and log in to different Windows/Mac user (e.g use controllername as username).
For Windows,
The custom mapping is in a file called
settings.properties

located at
c:\users\<username> \Appdata\Roaming\IKmultimedia\Hammond B-3X\

So if for each controller you have a different windows username, you already can store multiple controller user presets.

Hope this workaround helps

Reuel
reuelt

Postby dpmusic » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:57 pm

Hi, I am flying in to gigs a lot, with different controllers. It would be very helpful to be able to save my own CC settings, so that I can more easily configure for Nord, Roland, whatever I end up with at the gig. (using iPad version)

thanks, what a great sounding plugin!
dpmusic

Postby Darug2290 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:59 am

For it to work on my Macbook Pro M1. :evil:
Darug
Darug2290

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 pm

hbgmobile@gmail.com wrote:For it to work on my Macbook Pro M1. :evil:

Hammond B-3X works on M1 Macs (as do all products in the Total Studio 3 MAX bundle). Please report your issue to IK Support and note that wish list threads are not for support/technical issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More